[Project Black hole] - CaseLabs TH10A

Soldato
Makes perfect sense, do you intend to run them 24/7 OC'd or will you run them stock if they're performing well enough? I have only ever bothered ocing GPUs for benches...

Not sure if you've already said, but are you going for acrylic or flex tubing?

Soldato
OP
I will run them 24/7, stock voltage at 50mhz lower than whatever I can max them out at, good stability and no extra heat or degradation risk from extra voltage.

So far with a little extra voltage I have had them all at 1500mhz boost or high, the best does 1530 with 1.255v.

So I think with stock voltage (which appears to be a shade under 1.2v when boosted) they should all be good for at least 1400mhz boost clocks 24/7.

Performance is crazy even with stock CPU and air cooling :D

As for the tubing, I have already posted some pictures of my fittings.
I tried to like the look of the hard stuff but I just don't, too much like some kind of "my first plumbing set", I prefer the more traditional look of flex tubing.

I know that view won't be popular but each to their own :p

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys!

I will do a few benchmarks once up and running again, already taken everything apart.

Getting the blocks on now and then the finger ripping job of compression fittings, may not get it all done tonight :p :D

With so many fittings I will be doing a long leak test also, so probably Sunday at the earliest before any results.

Associate
Absolutely awesome build you have going on there JP. Am in awe...! :eek:

That thing will be off the charts... Great build log also.

Subbed :)

Soldato
OP
Ahh blisters :(

PrimoChill Advanced LRT and Bitspower fittings in 7/16 are not friendly!

Can hardly get the collar over onto the threads then may be half a turn to one turn it is so tight.

Leaves a bit of a bigger gap than I am used to but I tried pulling the tube out with a lot of force and it wouldn't move so at least it is on there!

My last system I used XSPC tube and EK fittings in 1/2 size and doing them up was a breeze that stuff was so soft and kinky :eek:

Pictures to come later :)

Soldato
OP
Block and Tubes = Watercooling :D

A few progress pictures!

The Nickel Plexi EK Blocks look so nice with the WS board.

vhCVUGi.jpg

Not 100% sure on the looks of the SLI bridge, may change it, loving the Plexi link bridge though and the Nickel backplates reflecting the block above looks really good.

quXr3Mn.jpg

Getting the tube on was the worst in over 15 years of watercooling!
The In port on the CPU block being the wrong side was a pain, should have just taken it off and flipped it around but at least I have plenty of tube for removing the block without draining the loop.

mb5e6wm.jpg

Rear side getting measured up, I used 4 meters of tube in total, no need to make it as short as possible, a bit of slack is good in my opinion and I am glad I had it for when it came to installing the power cables!

ZSVaASb.jpg

Bit of a jump now as I forgot to take pictures while in the zone :cool: :rolleyes:

Filled and purging air bubbles!
I need to tweak the colours a little, already added quite a few drops of dye to each loop but getting close to a good match.
Cables are great, just a bit of a pain to tidy them, I have some combs but I don't like the look of them, too stiff and straight. So will adjust until I like it without them.

4l5XXYx.jpg

Really happy with all the other custom cables I made, quite tidy on both sides for me at least!
Pump cables are unplugged beneath the PSU as I run them from another PSU while leak testing.
The black boxes are the flow meters and I have temperature sensors on the ends of each rad (4 port rads) with a drain port ball valve on the front of the lower two.
Also don't worry about the neoprean over the radiator, I use that just to protect the fins while working, always used to bash things or my hands against them in the past so do this to keep them nice.
And the blue tube going in front of the PSU, there is loads of room for it with the side panel on.

vDqaE39.jpg

Back to getting bubbles out and leak testing, more tomorrow with some better pictures :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks! GTA 5 was a bit of a deadline for it :D

Just did a quick boot to windows, ran some Valley benchmark and checked temperatures to satisfy the demon inside telling me I had broken something!
GPU temps are within 1 degree of each other so perfect there and the CPU was idling at 5c above room temp so pretty happy with my block applications.
I will now leave just the pumps running overnight, check for any drips in the morning and then get going on load temps, some benchmarks and sorting out my Aquaero settings.
The mounting of the D5s is perfect, so isolated and dampened that 100% speed is barely noticeable, compared to my other D5 in an XSPC bay res that makes all kinds of noise no matter what setting.

Soldato
OP
Thanks JP. Can you describe your pump mount setup method and isolation?

XSPC res doesn't sound like a good bet then...

The XSPC bay res with D5 combo is fine, I have run one for ~3 years now.
It is just nowhere near as quiet as my new Aqua Computer Aqualis combos because the XSPC is directly attached to the PC case in the drive bay and the pump resonates the case no matter how much I adjust the speed, it is a tight fit and no room for any rubber grommets or dampening material.

With the Aqualis D5 combos there is a mounting bracket which I have bolted to the case then the pump tops are attached with 4 rubber bushings.

I posted some details a few pages back of what it looks like : http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=26805290&postcount=80

That is what I mean by isolation, almost no direct contact with any case surface so next to no vibration.

Soldato
Nailed it JP. Love how well you got the fluid to match the braiding, really does look smart. That case is an absolute monster, only realize once the board is in and I guess that's E-ATX too!

Do EK have any plans to release blocks for that board do you know?

When slipping your tubing on do you warm it up at all? I dip the ends in hot water which a) allows it to slip onto the fitting easier and b) makes it much easier to tighten the collar up

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks, the colours are a bit different to the norm but that is what I was going for.

As far as I can tell EK have no plans as most people go for the Rampage board they only focus on that.

Liquid Extasy do a full cover block and separates that look really good but I will see how I get on without before thinking about changing.

https://www.liquidextasy.de/mb-wass...er-nl-nsb-asus-x99-e-ws-fullcover-detail.html
https://www.liquidextasy.de/mb-wass...wasserkühler-nl-nsb-asus-x99-e-ws-detail.html
https://www.liquidextasy.de/mb-wass...rkühler-nl-sw-asus-x99-e-ws-spawa-detail.html

I would buy that full cover block but only after seeing a review or user results of full cover vs an EK block and the separate blocks.

Will have to see how hot everything gets once overclocked, don't really want to be thinking about taking it apart to change things already :p

Yes I warm the tube in some microwaved RO water, goes on the barb very easy but I think the tolerances are very small with some of the fittings and the heat expansion made it difficult to screw the collars on.

Back
Top Bottom