[Project Black hole] - CaseLabs TH10A

Associate
Nothing too exciting today.

I ordered some oversized DEMCiflex filters for the intakes, they will fit all the way over the upper and lower intakes as the overall size is 147 x 507mm with an actual filter size of 120 x 480mm.
Apparently when clean they reduce airflow by about 20%, I will try them out and if I don't like them, then easy enough to remove and leave the stick on magnet strips in place.

Pretty hard to get a good picture when leaving them in their sealed packaging.

Close up of the medical grade wire mesh.

Also decided to order a Mayhems Blitz Pro kit, free postage was Royal Mail so could be here tomorrow. Just hope that 2 litres of the Part 1 is enough to do 4x480 rads.

are these filters available from overclockers (cant find them) anyone know ?

Soldato
OP
Blocks Arrive

EK blocks and some Advanced LRT 7/16 :D

xd26PTF.jpg

Depending on my travels I should get hardware next week but I don't know just yet.

At least it feels like I am back on things again after such a long wait since deciding not to buy 980s.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hardware in the house!

E4qtiqh.jpg

The little white box contains my 8Pack Binned 5960X :D
Air cooler to test everything once the Titans arrive.
Some Mayhems Pastels to test colours and adjust with dyes.
The memory is the G.Skill F4-3000C15Q-16GRK kit, was hard to get hold of this kit as I wanted black not red that everywhere seems to sell.
1TB 850 Pro will be the only system drive, all my other drives are NAS.

I have also finished making all my custom cables, the pumps now have the Aquabus connections with an extra connector for flow meter all on the same harness without using any splitters. The other flow meter is the non Aquabus version which I also braided.
I will obviously take pictures of all that once everything is installed and I have a go at tidying them up around the back!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
A few more bits ;)

My Titans just turned up so I will be doing some updates later today!

fnqABtl.jpg

I did fancy the EVGA cards but since they are all the same and I am told Gigabyte have a good UK RMA if I have any issues it doesn't really matter what box they come in.

I will be thoroughly testing everything on air cooling before any water action and will post some pictures of the Caselabs tech bench "mode" later on.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's alive!

In the process of installing everything and only one GPU out the box so far.

Couple of pictures showing how the Caselabs motherboard tray slides out and has rubber feet you attach to use it in a test bench setup.
And yes, I may have put the heatsink on the wrong way round so the fan wouldn't fit the other side due to the memory being in the way :rolleyes:

VzRsztS.jpg

PuxriZ6.jpg

Much nicer than my normal way of resting the motherboard on a box :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Managed to test all three cards now

nhVLyyi.jpg

Temps are fine but I have been running 100% fans!

Just need to work out which order to put them in for any times I need to disable SLI when playing older games or if there are driver issues with new ones.

CPU is still stock bar XMP memory settings, the HSF is not exactly doing a great job so I am not going to play around with that until I have the water cooling done.

Soldato
OP
Actual overclocks, the three cards have sequential serial numbers ending 13 14 15 and ASICs of 73 79 72, so far the 73 card seems to clock the best.
Just trying to work out the correlation between boost clock, power target and voltage.
If I can get 10/20/30mhz more out of one of them that my as well go in the top slot for any SLI disabled gaming to get that little bit extra.
Although as soon as I get blocks on them and the temps all come down the voltage and boost clocks will probably change and mess all that up! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom