Project planning

Soldato
Bit of background: Graduated from university a couple of years ago with a BEng in mechanical engineering. Worked in a grad scheme in the nuclear industry for a year or so, but didnt enjoy the slow pace. Joined a large company on another graduate scheme as a graduate engineer, more recently. Worked within business development and construction site placements so far.

I have found myself really enjoying the planning aspect of things, developing programmes, estimating timescales, resource requirements, etc. I could see this being the direction I'd like to take my career in. I feel coming from an engineering background will put me in good stead for a career in planning.

My next rotation I am going to ask to move into planning department for six months to get to grips with P6 and get some more formal planning training.

Have we got any P6 planners in here? What sort of salary can a planner command in the utilities industry? What sort of progression could I expect from entry level planner? How much cross-departmental interaction can I expect? I also enjoy the commercial aspects of projects, risk management and pricing strategies.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom