Project Whurple - White/Purple Watercooled Build - Changes to 3d printer build!!

Man of Honour
OP
Finally tracking on the water cooling stuff:

It's still got to go in a plane, get through customs and then get to me. I'm thinking a week or more at least. Cant wait to see what we get. Right now it's all a bit of a mystery.

Associate
You've done a huge amount in a week though. To be honest I forgot about all the watercooling stuff, it just looks so great as it is already. Looking forward to how the watercooling part is going to end up looking like!

Man of Honour
OP
I just went bananas and bought 2 new mesh chairs, a desk to match mine, 2 model O white mice, a new monitor for me so the wife can have the 34" curved samsung UW.

Thats me done. I've spent all the money. That little lot cost an absolute fortune and my wallet is near empty.

I even took somewhat of a downgrade and purchased from a vendor i would never normally purchase from (msi, because they suck donkey balls in a massive way for generally everything) as they have a 34" 100hz 3440x1440 screen that is almost as good as the samsung and will do for me for now.

Last edited:
Associate
Oooh! What chairs did you buy? At least when it's done it's going to look dope!

I just grabbed myself a new monitor which is finally forcing me to upgrade the rest of my machine as it's proper old! Never had an LG before but the warranty on it was trash too, 12 months when all the other brands do 2-3 years...

I was looking at MSI monitors as well but my old GPU was MSI and the support was pretty naff... when it finally packed up. What other monitors were you considering then?

Man of Honour
OP
Did some more dremel work. Gotta clean up the lines and give it a coat of white but you get the idea. Will get out the metal files tomorrow and clean it up.

I am also thinking that the black bit on the fans has to also go purple. @Illuminist is that better with those drives now?

Last edited:
Associate
That CPU looks so lonely in the socket without a cooler. The SSD covers are looking awesome, how did you attach them? Just with glue/tape?

I think the black of the fans kind nicely match the other black highlights of the RGB fans and the mobo. Maybe you could do something with the Nitro stickers in the middle??

Man of Honour
OP
Oooh! What chairs did you buy? At least when it's done it's going to look dope!

I just grabbed myself a new monitor which is finally forcing me to upgrade the rest of my machine as it's proper old! Never had an LG before but the warranty on it was trash too, 12 months when all the other brands do 2-3 years...

I was looking at MSI monitors as well but my old GPU was MSI and the support was pretty naff... when it finally packed up. What other monitors were you considering then?

Tell me about it hopefully some sort of cooler turns up tomorrow even if its that £5 ebay special (which won't sufficiently cool the cpu)

So chairs were just some cheaper mesh ones, I got them from staples of all places because the chairs me and the mrs are using at the moment are beyond a joke and not at all comfortable so anything is an upgrade. They were about £100 each so as long as they are not utter rubbish we will be good. The desk is just crazy expensive for what it is, mine is 1800 wide royal brown oak and the mrs one we ordered is only 800 wide and still costs £300. I'm giving the mrs my current samsung lc34f791EQuXEN (has one dead pixel that does my head in - Mrs wont even notice it) and went for this MSI: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...rved-widescreen-gaming-monitor-mo-00d-ms.html

I also bought us both a White Glorious Model 0. Because She deserves a new mouse for her PC and I deserve one because of some other reason :)

Also why the hell did corsair not make the case so you can do this in the first place? It seems an obvious cool place people might want to put some drives and would save them some metal. And SSD covers are using tape... Ill let you into a secret, they aren't the SSD's as I felt that was taking away from the "I want to build something awesome for cheap" theme so I am using the mech laptop drives and will build a big ish raid to claw back some performance. It still has the NVME boot drive for performance where it really needs it.

Last edited:
Associate
Wow! I didn't know desks were so expensive! Hahaha so there is the real reason you're gifting her such an awesome monitor!!!

A good mouse makes such a difference. I'm eyeing up the G502 but nothing seems to quite hit the spot for my trusty G500 may it rest in peace. I miss the toggle for a clicky scroll wheel vs a free scroll.

Haven't BeQuiet done that with their with their Pure Base 500? I remember that you can do two like you've done with the BeQuiet logo in the middle, it looks pretty slick actually but I decided against it when I saw how you mounted the front fans (makes removal of them a faff once your mobo etc is fitted, like the screw driver has to go inside the case instead of the front like the P600S)

Ah mechanical 2.5" drives! My bad! I feel like more manufacturers are missing a trick by not giving 2.5" drive plates, would make it a lot prettier. So are you still within budget then?? Minus the desk and chair of course!

And I agree with @Mcnumpty2323 you could definitely do something with the PSU shroud on the bottom, you got any ideas??

Man of Honour
OP
I bring further news on the memory. Never has a system been so easy to get running. I selected memory xmp, rebooted and it instantly posted at 3200. No training, no massive waits on startup, Just straight in literally never has it been so easy.

Memory is Nanya A-Die

Soldato
I bring further news on the memory. Never has a system been so easy to get running. I selected memory xmp, rebooted and it instantly posted at 3200. No training, no massive waits on startup, Just straight in literally never has it been so easy.

Memory is Nanya A-Die
Nice
And a bargain at that price too
You are certainly lucky so far:)

Man of Honour
OP
Nice
And a bargain at that price too
You are certainly lucky so far:)

Not bad right. I'm testing now but it doesn't appear to be unstable in any way. In fact it's done nothing but do exactly what it should do. Turn on, install windows, update ram settings. Install some lighting control software. Install all the windows updates... Looking good. Have shut it down for now. My new monitor etc get here tomorrow and her desk next week. We are rocking along nicely.

Soldato
Not bad right. I'm testing now but it doesn't appear to be unstable in any way. In fact it's done nothing but do exactly what it should do. Turn on, install windows, update ram settings. Install some lighting control software. Install all the windows updates... Looking good. Have shut it down for now. My new monitor etc get here tomorrow and her desk next week. We are rocking along nicely.
Hope everything arrives before any more
Tightening of lock down
Seen nothing mentioned about couriers falling to covid19
But it's impossible that none of them are catching it
And going by ocuk sales the courier companies must be ran off their feet
Looking forward to more pictures mate:)

Man of Honour
OP
Hope everything arrives before any more
Tightening of lock down
Seen nothing mentioned about couriers falling to covid19
But it's impossible that none of them are catching it
And going by ocuk sales the courier companies must be ran off their feet
Looking forward to more pictures mate:)

You see those white LED's that shine down from the front of the case? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom