Projector advice please

Associate
So my wife needs to buy a projector for work, it needs to display photo's and videos,

Ideally it needs to play them from a usb drivs plugged directly into the back.
Does anyone know of such a projector?

Someone told her to buy the acer business P5630 projector, but as far as I can see this won't play video files direct from a usb drive??

Any help would be much appreciated

Associate
Hello, I think its quite standard these days for projectors to have a built in media player....especially the portable ones built for guys on the road. Im guessing she cant run it from her PC and has to be direct via USB? Have you looked at the Vivitek QUMI units - they are portable. I would think they would do the job?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply guys,
Money is not so much an issue as her company will be picking up the tab but i guess probably under a grand.

The projector needs ro play direct from usb as it will be in a gallery and open to the public, so a laptop or phone is no good because they can be stolen, it needs to play directly from a usb drive really. Thanks

Associate
Ah ok so if in a gallery I presume it will be mounted via the ceiling? Do you know the distance from the projector to the screen (if there is one) and how big the screen / image has to be?

Associate
Hello, I used to work with a guy who now works at Optoma. I pinged him a quick message and he suggested either the Optoma LH160 or anything from their ML series as they have a built in player. Have a look at the spec/ throw distance calculators and see if they suit? If so, let me know and I will have a word with him about where is best to buy. Cheers

PS. He also said there are USB media players that basically plug into any projector and then talk to a laptop or PC in the vicinity to make anything work. Hope that helps

Associate
OP
Hello, I used to work with a guy who now works at Optoma. I pinged him a quick message and he suggested either the Optoma LH160 or anything from their ML series as they have a built in player. Have a look at the spec/ throw distance calculators and see if they suit? If so, let me know and I will have a word with him about where is best to buy. Cheers

PS. He also said there are USB media players that basically plug into any projector and then talk to a laptop or PC in the vicinity to make anything work. Hope that helps

Thanks for the advice... Appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom