Projector with game mode in 3d.

Associate
I recently tried my first projector acer v6520(=white g550), it has very low input lag but only in 2d. Got it mostly for 3d games and movies so it was disappointing 3d mode was locked to standard, the input lag was to high and most of the settings were also locked.

Is there even a projector out there that is able to run 3d game mode without 3d vision?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Got the Benq w1210ST works great for 3d gaming, but I sometimes notice rainbows on fast moving white objects. (mostly when they go sideways)
Thought I would not see it because a lot of reviewers dont, guess my eyes are just to sensitive and I'll have to get used to it.

Soldato
Got the Benq w1210ST works great for 3d gaming, but I sometimes notice rainbows on fast moving white objects. (mostly when they go sideways)
Thought I would not see it because a lot of reviewers dont, guess my eyes are just to sensitive and I'll have to get used to it.

DLP rainbow effect. I had a DLP projector and could really only see the rainbow if I moved my eyes fast when there wa high contrast (white on black) on screen, like end credits. it didn't bother me and only was apparentl like 0.01% of the time. Soap opera effect on modern TV systems is a far, far greater problem than 'rainbow. I think it's blown up a bit like the paranoia about screen burn on plasmas and OLED. Yes it's possible but 99% of people won't notice or have problem with it.

Soldato
Have you thought about doing gaming in vr for 3D instead if it’s single player

I have a Sony 3D projector and a valve index and all 3D content looks much better on my index.

Associate
OP
Havent played 3d games with vr, but heard good things so I'll do that eventually.
Tried 3d movies on psvr and quest, although the colors are much better there is still noticeable screen door effect and resolution loss.

Index has less screendoor from what I read but no oled, inside-out tracking and expensive... so not a good solution atm.
Don't think I can get used to RBE it's very distracting because it pops up a lot when the scene changes, and with white letters just moving my eyes makes it appear.
Maybe I'll try a lcd projector, but hopefully 3dtvs will make a return soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom