Prometheus 2 - what we know so far

Soldato
So if you disregard the plot holes, the bits that made no sense and the stupid characters it was very good?

Basically, it looked really nice, so let's forgive the utter stupidity of it all?

Soldato
Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan
Terminator 2
Empire Strikes Back
Rambo 2
Aliens (Arguable)
Hot Shots! Part Deux
Blade 2
Lethal Weapon 2
Spider-man 2
Superman 2
From Russia With Love
X-Men 2
Evil Dead 2

EDIT - I can't think of anymore!

Not small franchises either!

The Dark Knight
Godfather Part 2 (this one is heavily debated admittedly)
LOTR Two Towers
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
For a Few Dollars More
The Bourne Supremacy
Toy Story 2

I'm sure there are more that I can't think of right now. So it is possible to make a better sequel, and that's disregarding all the other films that are technically sequels, like Bourne Ultimatum, later Bond films, etc.

Soldato
The two towers technically is not a sequel.
Interesting statement. The English language would appear to disagree with you. Technically.:p

wiktionary said:
sequel (plural sequels)

1.(narratology) A narrative that is written after another narrative set in the same universe, especially a narrative that is chronologically set after its predecessors, or (perhaps improper usage) any narrative that has a preceding narrative of its own.

Man of Honour
Terminator 2
Empire Strikes Back
Rambo 2
Aliens (Arguable)
Hot Shots! Part Deux
Blade 2
Lethal Weapon 2
Spider-man 2
Superman 2
From Russia With Love
X-Men 2
Evil Dead 2

OK so you listed 10 or so movies. Now list the ones where the sequels are worse. Protip, you might be a while.

Soldato
So you changed your stance? Someone said it was rare, so not so rare then, as these movies are very high profile franchises. So it's perfectly possible and more common then people think

Godfather Part 2 (this one is heavily debated admittedly)

I'm in two minds about this one, I adore the flashback stuff and if the whole movie was a proper prequel then i would have considered it far far superior to the first one

Last edited:
Associate
I'm in the "love and hate" camp. I enjoyed the film but also hate it because it should have been so much better. They had all the right bits, but due to sloppy story writing and or editing it falls flat on it's arse at time. How can a film spend to much time in post production without someone noticing that some elements are really pish? I can only assume they didn't care, the cash cow had started a rolling and no one want to stop it. Dam shame.

Caporegime
Biggest and "wasted opportunity" let down of a hyped film ever, not 1 person i know who saw it was wowed by it, myself included.
Sequel? who cares ? This is a cash cow. It will probably have zombies or what ever is fotm in 18 months time.

Caporegime
Terminator 2
Empire Strikes Back
Rambo 2
Aliens (Arguable)
Hot Shots! Part Deux
Blade 2
Lethal Weapon 2
Spider-man 2
Superman 2
From Russia With Love
X-Men 2
Evil Dead 2

Blade 2 was better than the original.......... lololololol.

Blade 2 is just horrendous in every single way, horrendous CGI, awful cliched fighters, crap action, terrible story. Blade >>>>> Blade 3 >>>>>>>>>>> Blade 2.

LOTR got worse with each film, Lethal Weapon got a little worse with each film.... then 4 happened and I died a little inside. Spiderman got worse with each film, and then for the guy who said Bourne Supremacy..... The first one was very good, it got more ridiculous with each incarnation and certainly the first was the best.

Either way, I'd be shocked if the film was any good, Prometheus was such an utter pile of turd I couldn't take it seriously.

Despite having guys who hadn't returned, no one worried in the slightest, a trillion dollar mission and the ships computers don't have technology as advanced as call forwarding or an answerphone..... all required because a geologist WITH a MAP, got lost in a basic circular tunnel. A 2 year old child wouldn't have gotten lost in there without the damn map and... he HAD A MAP and developed his own mapping technology... but was incapable of reading a map.

I think a 6 hour film of just computer generated landscapes would be more watchable than actually forcing us to watch what they are calling writing/acting.

Anoyhne find pics pls?

They are not filming anything yet, no have castings started, so you won't find anything that doesn't exist except for the concept art pictures which you found which are not legitimate.

He has already been told this mate. Arek tends not to let reality get in the way of pointless posts.

For the sake of the Aliens franchise they would be better off pulling a Star Trek and disregarding everything bar the first two, and then start again.

Back
Top Bottom