Protecting Pressure washer from cold/Frost

Soldato
I bought a Katcher K4 pressure washer in very early spring when there was an offer on at halfords,I'm now thinking I probably should look into doing something to protetc it over the winter. I've had to move it out of the garage because it was just in the way in front of the workbench. I've got one of those Keter outside plastic store things and it is in there next to my BBQ and garden chairs.

I've seen online that you can get issues with water remaining inside freezing and causing damage. There did seem to be a karcher video about using an antifreeze kit they supplied (probably for £lots) but it seems its been discontinued. I'm guessing it would probably be a bad idea to try and get car antifreeze into it, especially when it'll probably end up in garden/drain next spring. Bit I did think about the possibility of getting some -20C screenwash and trying to get that into it because thats expected to end up sprayed around as part of normal use and I can't see it causing a problem as its intended to go through washer pumps

Anyone got any thoughts? Am I worrying too much, will it be fine being under cover rather than just left outside in the snow and ice?

Never had a problem personally with ours just left in a shed with temperatures down to -10C. Though it has never been used in close proximity to before periods of freezing weather so probably mostly dried out before the cold.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom