Protest going past office building - Lecturers or something...

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Noxis said:
They want more money or something?

More tweed jackets with leather patches on the elbows.

There was a conga of about 40 students in Cambridge town centre yesterday with a couple of photographers in tow... :confused:

Suspended
OP
Mat said:

There was a conga of about 40 students in Cambridge town centre yesterday with a couple of photographers in tow... :confused:

Those crazy students!

Soldato
lecturers work very hard from my experience of the tutors and supervisors i've had.

I also think we need to try and pay them as well as possible to attract the best , as you just have to look at american universities and the sucess of spin off companies to see why its worth attracting the best academic talent.

Associate
Wee on them :). Failing that, throw a pallet of bricks or something at them. People are starting to get ****** off with what they're doing.

Whilst yes, an increase in lecturers salary would be a good thing (remember they've been offered 12.6% and their union rejected it, without even consulting their members), they are effectively holding UK higher education to ransom. Hell, even an all out strike would be preferable to this, as at the moment nobody seems to know what's going on, who's effected etc.

Suspended
Mat said:

65, actually. ;)

It was the first Cambridge flashmob. Not as successful as it could have been, but then again it is exam term. The next one will be bigger, I promise!

Man of Honour
Noxis said:
They want more money or something?

Essentialy, they think the money from top up fees should go to them, giving them much bigger wages, whereas the Universities think it should go on more facilities, new buildings, etc etc.

So, they went on strike by refusing to mark students works - bringing us students into their petty, selfish and greedy dispute.

They've been offered nearly 13% payrise and it's STILL been rejected.

They KNEW the salary before they decided to become a lecturer, I have zero sympathy and think the way they are using us students as pawns in their silly game is apalling.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
to be fair, many lecturers only work at universities so that they can do research using the facilities.

i think that if they only lecture because they have to, they shouldn't be paid at all.

Back
Top Bottom