PS3 to be £425 Official

Soldato
Livestrong said:
best you go view the graphics card thread ;) gamers buying 2 sli cards to play what game no game needs that power, it's just they can buy two cards because there flush

you should look at the graphics forum as a whole, or indeed the world as you realise enthusiasts make up a tiny percentage of the overall userbase. Never forget the recent valve steam poll found that the majority of people playing steam games are still using gf4's or lower. that's the majority. But that aside, most people here arent running sli/crossfire either are they?

You cant begin to compare the few elitist's on here with the worlds population as a whole.

Last edited:
Permabanned
S-H-A-N-E said:
i will buy 2 and stick 1 on ebay :)

Hey thats my trick.

I did the exact same with the 360 and I ended up getting a free Xbox 360.

Just a word of warning you will be bombarded with questions off people to end it early or can I pick it up and the odd auction wrecker.

Associate
Livestrong said:
best you go view the graphics card thread ;) gamers buying 2 sli cards to play what game no game needs that power, it's just they can buy two cards because there flush

First off, do you post on the GD section cause atm you seem like you do.

And for the price, im a hardcore gamer. I play games a lot, im even on a uni course where i make them. So im pretty sure i qualify as a hardcore gamer.

Saying that people who whine about the price should shut up or get a job is dumbfounded at the best and make you seem like a moronic sony fanboy. The PS3 i think is overpriced. Not only that the preview of the games so far is appauling. Ridge racer... oh joy already on xbox 360, crab attack thing looks boring, and its obvious you go for their weakspots. Even when you take a good game such as MGS and give the crappy hype video they done at E3 it doesnt exactly boost the consumers confidence in buying 'the best console ever'.

Ok i might be slightly biased, i have a xbox360 on the way, and i hate sony as a company, though i did like the psp. But still yeah sure buying the ps3 if you have money to chuck away, sure go ahead and do it. But if you are like the majority of us on here who want bang for their buck, then i would be severly worried about buying the PS3 as it currently stands.

The consumers dont even seem to have an idea what to expect from the ps3, and it doesnt suprise me cause i dont think sony know what to expect from it.

And yes i have spent £350 on a graphics card, not because im that mad about games, but i use the pc for a lot more then just gaming, lets see... uni work which includes high powered rendering and is highly graphically intense, web browsing, image/video editing, gaming and watching movies so its not soo much of a waste.

But yeah people who spend stupid amounts on SLI and stuff just for games are stupid... just about as silly as sony fanboys who will pay more for a console when theres a rival (360)that does just as good if not better then the PS3.

Sorry for the longish post :)

Associate
Nixeh said:

And for the price, im a hardcore gamer. I play games a lot, im even on a uni course where i make them. So im pretty sure i qualify as a hardcore gamer.

Saying that people who whine about the price should shut up or get a job is dumbfounded at the best and make you seem like a moronic sony fanboy. The PS3 i think is overpriced. Not only that the preview of the games so far is appauling. Ridge racer... oh joy already on xbox 360, crab attack thing looks boring, and its obvious you go for their weakspots. Even when you take a good game such as MGS and give the crappy hype video they done at E3 it doesnt exactly boost the consumers confidence in buying 'the best console ever'.

Ok i might be slightly biased, i have a xbox360 on the way, and i hate sony as a company, though i did like the psp. But still yeah sure buying the ps3 if you have money to chuck away, sure go ahead and do it. But if you are like the majority of us on here who want bang for their buck, then i would be severly worried about buying the PS3 as it currently stands.

The consumers dont even seem to have an idea what to expect from the ps3, and it doesnt suprise me cause i dont think sony know what to expect from it.

And yes i have spent £350 on a graphics card, not because im that mad about games, but i use the pc for a lot more then just gaming, lets see... uni work which includes high powered rendering and is highly graphically intense, web browsing, image/video editing, gaming and watching movies so its not soo much of a waste.

But yeah people who spend stupid amounts on SLI and stuff just for games are stupid... just about as silly as sony fanboys who will pay more for a console when theres a rival (360)that does just as good if not better then the PS3.

Nick, I agree, but get on with the uni work due in tomorrow!

Associate
Nixeh said:

Well said :)

Soldato
I think £425 is a good price.. ITS ONLY £425 for gods sake....

Not exactly going to break the bank is it now..

As previous posts have mentioned you get a lot for your money.

If you cant afford it because you have UNI or a poorly paid job, full-time or part-time or even go by on pocket money. Stop moaning about the price.

I want a new garden design (more than any games console) for the summer it will cost £2000.. I cant afford it but I dont go on and on about how I cant gather the moeny for it.. Yes I will also get a lot for the moeny regarding the garden.

Sorry for the sort of rant but I cant see what the fuss about the cost of the new PS3 is.

ITS ONLY £425

Man of Honour
droolinggimp said:
I think £425 is a good price.. ITS ONLY £425 for gods sake....

Not exactly going to break the bank is it now..

As previous posts have mentioned you get a lot for your money.

If you cant afford it because you have UNI or a poorly paid job, full-time or part-time or even go by on pocket money. Stop moaning about the price.

I want a new garden design (more than any games console) for the summer it will cost £2000.. I cant afford it but I dont go on and on about how I cant gather the moeny for it.. Yes I will also get a lot for the moeny regarding the garden.

Sorry for the sort of rant but I cant see what the fuss about the cost of the new PS3 is.

ITS ONLY £425

Kind of sums my view on the whole price thing.

Though it is expensive, people need to either get over it and say, I can't afford it, or just they don't want to spend that much on the console. It's not as if anybody is forcing you to get one, or if your life and future depends upon purchasing this new amazing fantabulous console that'll probably have even more dull uninteresting launch games on it than the 360 anyway (imo).

We don't know if it's going to be worth that extra money yet over a 360, hell, I don't even think the 360 is worth my money yet, and it's been out 6 months. I'm going to be holding off for now, I may or may not sell my pre-order depending on my financial situation, and will depend on if I'm earning. You never know, a launch title or two might interest me, and I keep my order, but doesn't look likely yet.

Associate
Sounds like a lot of cash for a machine that may not work on your HD TV or equipped with a DVd player that may become obselite before the machine does :confused:

MS got the jump on the Sony boys this time and I think Sony are going to suffer for it, thinking that the P$3 will do well just because of its name, bad move.

Time to look for a new CEO Sony!!!!

Man of Honour
Livestrong said:
hardcore gamers will pay anything because they just love games

I'd like to think I'm a pretty hardcore gamer (I've been playing games longer than you've been alive), completed more games than I care to remember, but there is no way on god's green earth I'm paying £425 for a PS3. When they hit the £300 mark I'll consider it.

Soldato
Parent's walk into store at christmas.

"NEW! Sony Ps3! Only £425! note - games £50 extra"

they glance across the shop

"Reduced! Xbox360! Now only £199.99 with 2 top games!"

I can guess which Timmy's getting :D

Soldato
The Mad One said:
Are you rolling in money or something? Not everyone is that loaded.
Are you kidding, £425 is obviously small change for a games console.... apparently :o

The pay up and shut up attitude is an odd one because if we don't at least question a products price or value then manufacturers will simply charge whatever they like knowing that people would pay it. Which is fine if you want your PS4 to cost the equivalent of £900 when it comes out.

Associate
Davey_Pitch said:
I'd like to think I'm a pretty hardcore gamer (I've been playing games longer than you've been alive), completed more games than I care to remember, but there is no way on god's green earth I'm paying £425 for a PS3. When they hit the £300 mark I'll consider it.

Davey all I said was people whom don't care about cost will buy one

Back
Top Bottom