1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS4 Pro on a 4k HDR TV... everyone's experiences!

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by lawrence281, 27 Oct 2017.

1. peahead

Soldato

2. lawrence281

Wise Guy

Found it for £139 at Argos but sold out so might hold out for sales elsewhere lol

3. AWPC

Capodecina

4 x HDR modes via latest firmware is the big difference (HLG,HDR10+,Dolby Vision, Technicolour).

Thanks for the headsup though but I just spent £649 :eek: on an LG Super UHD Nano Cell 49" http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-49SJ800V which I am hoping is the answer I am looking for ;) and its £300 cheaper than it was a few months ago! Its simply not possible to buy a perfect HDTV even OLED or QLED ultra high end models costing £2-3K have banding issues & quite often get returned by unhappy buyers so its a bit of a lottery to get a good one.

I expect a good one for the price of these things or will RMA until I am happy as that's what the DSR is for on these high end items!

Seen Xbox1X Rise Of The Tomb Raider running on an LG OLED with HDR enabled looks amazing :eek: :) one of the best looking HDR enabled games right now!

4. lawrence281

Wise Guy

That's great mate, let me know what it's like/how it goes, really interesting haha.
    So, what are your experience with sound bars? Think j may need one for a better movie experience lol

5. nicktay2605

Mobster

A good soundbar is going to be a massive improvement over the built-in TV audio. I've got a Q Acoustics M4 connected to my Samsung 4k TV and it's really good. In terms of pure sound quality you'll get better sound from separates, but then you have to buy decent speakers, a sub and an amplifier, which will all mount up in terms of cost and take up more space. I had a nice space on my TV unit for a soundbar, cramming speakers, a sub and an amp in would have been a pain.

6. AWPC

Capodecina

7. Mollari

Gangster

Using PS4 Pro with LG 65UJ651V (http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-65UJ651V)

Not really sure how HDR is working with this one. Usually it works just fine but not always. Power saving option/OFF. Anyone else using the same LG model? It has WebOS 3.5 if it helps at all.

8. lawrence281

Wise Guy

Yeah I couldn't justify spending that sort of money, the max I'd spend on a soundbar would be 200, aslong as it's better than in built audio, I'd be happy

9. AWPC

Capodecina

@ Lawrence 281 All UHD are currently Region Free none are region locked at all. If a BD is Region locked it usually has a little A,B or C on the Disc & or the box. If it say's A,B,C then its region free (most are region free).

10. RedStarRiot

Mobster

It's annoying that on the Samsung KS7000 you used to receive a 4K and HDR notification and now you don't.

11. Drunzer

Mobster

I'm probably missing something really obvious but why is it so difficult to find good HDR on a smaller TV around the 40 - 43" range? I'm in a small room where I'm not sat very far from the TV so anything more than that size makes no sense for me. Just seems like every review for a TV smaller than 49" mentions that HDR is lacking. I seen the LG 43UJ701V mentioned a few posts back, this looked the most promising for me. Can anybody comment on their experience with it?

12. pepp77

Mobster

Any comments on the 49SJ800V - looks like a cracking set for the £599 it currently is.

13. The_Baron

Wise Guy

Got a 65 inch LG OLED this week. Still tinkering but thrilled with it so far. I need a new AV Receiver now.

14. The_Baron

Wise Guy

Me too. Couldn’t resist the deals that were on and picked up the 65 inch LG C7. Scouting around for a new receiver as well

15. ic1male

Caporegime

Don't worry. I've called the nice men in white coats. :D

16. ghutchison14078

Perma Banned

Running my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X into a Sony 65XE9305, stunning.
    HDR on the XE93 is a thing of beauty.

17. kmax86

Wise Guy

Whats the best game to showcase the ps4 pro? Horizon? GT Sport? Something else?
    Got a new tv and looking for the "Whoaa" effect lol

18. ghutchison14078

Perma Banned

Horizon and AC:Origins are probably the 2 best looking games for the new 4k consoles at the moment.

With honourable mentions going to Skyrim Special Edition, Battlefront 2 and Last of Us Remastered.

I personally haven't played it yet but Middle Earth shadow of war is supposed to look rather tasty too.

19. nicktay2605

Mobster

Yep, AC Origins looks stunning on the PS4 Pro on a 4k tv, there's a noticeable difference between it on a standard PS4 and on the Pro. Uncharted Lost Legacy looks really impressive on the Pro as well.

20. snarloas1982

Wise Guy

Now running my PS4 pro with the Lg Oled E7, glad i done it now as it shows off the Tv's capability.