PS4 Pro on a 4k HDR TV... everyone's experiences!

Caporegime
4 x HDR modes via latest firmware is the big difference (HLG,HDR10+,Dolby Vision, Technicolour).

Thanks for the headsup though but I just spent £649 :eek: on an LG Super UHD Nano Cell 49" http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-49SJ800V which I am hoping is the answer I am looking for ;) and its £300 cheaper than it was a few months ago! Its simply not possible to buy a perfect HDTV even OLED or QLED ultra high end models costing £2-3K have banding issues & quite often get returned by unhappy buyers so its a bit of a lottery to get a good one.

I expect a good one for the price of these things or will RMA until I am happy as that's what the DSR is for on these high end items!

Seen Xbox1X Rise Of The Tomb Raider running on an LG OLED with HDR enabled looks amazing :eek: :) one of the best looking HDR enabled games right now!

What’s gaming like on this TV?

Soldato
I bought an LG 43uj701v recently and although the detail has improved in a number of games with the pro, the biggest difference for me is the HDR. Yet to test the new patch for Destiny 2, although I felt it looked good anyway!

Associate
Just ordered a 'Vu' 50" 4k TV for my Pro and netflix etc, yep, I'd never heard of them either, unfortunately choice is limited in India due to massive taxes on imported panels from samsung etc, fingers crossed :D

Associate
I bought an LG OLED55B7V a few weeks ago during Black Friday, along with a PS4 Pro and it's an insane improvement over the stock PS4 at 1080p :O... Horizion Zero Dawn looks incredible and the majority of games I have are patched up to 4K with or without HDR.

I'd 100% recommend it!

Caporegime
LOL, these OLEDs seem to be the best thing since sliced bread from all these comments. Nobody has said a bad thing about them. Still gonna wait to see what next year's model is though. :p Got 1.5 years warranty left on my current 1080p.

Soldato
I opted for an LG 49SJ800V in the end it should be here before Christmas, my gaming room is fairly small so I've had to move a lot of things around (and out) just to accommodate it coming in so I'm really hoping it's worth it. From what I have seen the majority of comments on it have been quite positive so fingers crossed.

Associate
Anyone with a KS7000 started to get burn marks at the bottom of the screen? Looks like the edge lit LEDs shining along the bottom have burnt an imprint on the screen where each one is placed. The engineer came out and said it was a screen fault but I'm still waiting for them to sort it.

Associate
Anyone with a KS7000 started to get burn marks at the bottom of the screen? Looks like the edge lit LEDs shining along the bottom have burnt an imprint on the screen where each one is placed. The engineer came out and said it was a screen fault but I'm still waiting for them to sort it.
I've got a KS7000 but not noticed this yet. I will check it over tomorrow. Can I ask if you have issue with Wi-Fi? Mine searches for ages with no joy connecting. Lucky I can use the lan port.

Associate
I've got a KS7000 but not noticed this yet. I will check it over tomorrow. Can I ask if you have issue with Wi-Fi? Mine searches for ages with no joy connecting. Lucky I can use the lan port.

The wifi is working ok on mine as far as I know.

The burn marks are only on the bottom edge and and are in the shape of torch lights (like in a v shape) coming up from where the LEDs would be. Kind of a brown/yellow stain which is easy to see on a white background but can also be seen on everything else. They're getting worse too.

The engineer said he would fix it in my home but I think I want a replacement. Only had the TV 6 months or so and him replacing the full screen etc in my house sounds like a half ***** fix.

Back
Top Bottom