Ps4 VR anything i need to know before purchase.

Soldato
Im lost for ideas for Christmas so a friend suggested ps4 vr. I own a pro and also an xbox x. So im going to get a vr bundle preferably with controllers. So anything i need to know? Are they all version 2 now? Best places to buy? Ill probably use rainforest.

Soldato
Im lost for ideas for Christmas so a friend suggested ps4 vr. I own a pro and also an xbox x. So im going to get a vr bundle preferably with controllers. So anything i need to know? Are they all version 2 now? Best places to buy? Ill probably use rainforest.

Rainforest currently has the starter pack, doom VR and astrobot for 179.99

I too am not sure what version it will be?

Soldato
Tried it recently, after the initial 'wow', I was blown away with just how bad the image is!

It's a bit of a gimmick imo, sure Resident Evil in VR must be epic, but I'd rather have a great image on my 4K TV, than the pixelated mess in the headset.

Associate
Ignore the haterz. Its the future of gaming and when you try it you will see why. Its not about 4k imaging - its about immersion. Had it from launch - and still use it today. Some on here even struggle going back to "2D". Enjoy.

Soldato
OP
I dont think id use it all the time. Ive just been curious to try it. Ive heard many good things about it also. It would also get my girlfriend involved. Be good to have it there.

Soldato
I've been using VR for about a month now - really enjoying Astrobot and RE7 is just something else.
It's the Mk2 version, so full HDR pass-through. The advantage here is that it all stays plugged in all the time - to use it all I need to do is go and plug the two cables from the headset into the box and that is it - away I go.

Soldato
I'm a driving game fan and even DriveClub, which is graphically very average, has ruined every other driving game for me.

If I can't drive in VR with my seat and wheel, I'm just not interested these days.

Caporegime
I've been using VR for about a month now - really enjoying Astrobot and RE7 is just something else.
It's the Mk2 version, so full HDR pass-through. The advantage here is that it all stays plugged in all the time - to use it all I need to do is go and plug the two cables from the headset into the box and that is it - away I go.

That's partly the reason I don't use mine as well, the faff of changing cables that are really hard to get to.

Early adopters paying the price yet again.

Back
Top Bottom