Ps4 VR anything i need to know before purchase.

Soldato
Argos has the VR starter kit, set of Moves and a choice of 1 game (including astro bot) for 229.

I must say I have never been tempted until now but will I use it?

I guess even once the novelty wears off you can turn it back around for sale at a slight loss for the experiance

Soldato
Argos has the VR starter kit, set of Moves and a choice of 1 game (including astro bot) for 229.

I must say I have never been tempted until now but will I use it?

I guess even once the novelty wears off you can turn it back around for sale at a slight loss for the experiance

My thoughts too. Like the ps move I had for the ps3 never really played it much but kept all the bits. As already have the controllers thought it’s worth the punt, but VR looks a lot better than what ps move was back then

Soldato
Farpoint
Firewall zero hour
Rush of blood
VR world's is worth picking up second hand, it's good but like a glorified demo disc

Do you have the aim controller ? I can pick the aim controller and firewall for 45 quid locally ? Is it worth it ? I would have preferred farpoint as I don’t have time for multiplayer gaming at the moment.

Soldato
My thoughts too. Like the ps move I had for the ps3 never really played it much but kept all the bits. As already have the controllers thought it’s worth the punt, but VR looks a lot better than what ps move was back then
True.

I think it would be more compelling if I hadn't already played RE7 to completion elsewhere

Soldato
Do you have the aim controller ? I can pick the aim controller and firewall for 45 quid locally ? Is it worth it ? I would have preferred farpoint as I don’t have time for multiplayer gaming at the moment.
Yep, and works pretty good, the good thing with firewall is rounds are only 5 minutes so you can jump in and have a quick half hour session if short on time.
I would go with the firewall + aim controller and pick up farpoint second hand if buying today or Mabe there will be some black Friday deals on the playstore

Soldato
I bought a PSVR 4 days ago and it's been a blast, most immersive and refreshing experience I've had in my ~30 years of gaming.

There are actually a lot more PSVR titles than I realised and I've already bought 10+ due to the current sale on the PS store.

Will it last in the long term? I don't know but with the current bundle deals I think it's a fantastic time to pick one up.

Astrobot is fantastic, Beat Saber is the most fun I've had in a rhythm game and even shorter/simpler games like Headmaster are almost guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

I don't see that VR/3D really has much place for films but I'm definitely a convert that for gaming they bring a different experience.

Soldato
It's amazing for about 2 weeks and then you won't use it :)
This is sooooo true :)
Be wary of advertising. What you see through the goggles is nothing like those video clips game studios post up on Facebook etc. What your mates/family see on the TV screen looks good though. When they sort the res out it will be much better. Immersion's worth jack all if the world you're in resembles a 1990s 16 bit games console.

Soldato
I don't agree with that at all, get the goggles in the right place and the graphics are more than good enough to feel immersive. I say that as someone who usually games on a 65" 4K OLED.

On launch there were only a couple of games worth playing but there are at least 15-20 games well worth playing and most people will find at least another 5 that appeal to them. Throw in the games with online multiplayer or local co-op/party modes and you have months of entertainment.

Soldato
This is sooooo true :)
Be wary of advertising. What you see through the goggles is nothing like those video clips game studios post up on Facebook etc. What your mates/family see on the TV screen looks good though. When they sort the res out it will be much better. Immersion's worth jack all if the world you're in resembles a 1990s 16 bit games console.
Haha. I was initially concerned about the resolution, as I had heard a fair few comments like this. However it's not that bad at all.

It's not crystal clear, and some games look a bit rougher than others. But overall, I think it's absolutely fine. Especially considering the cost compared against the bigger pc sets.

I do agree that once the resolution is better, it will make for a better experiance but so far it's not bothered me as much as I thought it would. Astrobot looks really clear, Resident evil 7 looks very jaggy. The Devs can make the games look great, given the time

Back
Top Bottom