PS5 Monitor.

Associate
I am looking for a monitor to pair with a PS5...it will be mainly used for games such as Fifa 22, Demon Souls, Spiderman etc.

Looking for a low input lag monitor 25-28 inch. Price wise i am flexible.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Cheers =)

Soldato
If you want 4K monitor you need proper HDMI 2.1, which is rare.
Quite a few monitors claiming it aren't true HDMI 2.1 monitors and have half assed 24GB/s mode, which isn't enough for high Hz without crappy 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.

Below that PS5 still apparently doesn't support 2560x1440 wasting potential of those very affordably priced monitors.

Associate
OP
Yeah that is kinda my predicament...PS5 does not support 1440p and the best 2.1 monitors are just always out of stock.

I am not sure if Fifa 22 is gonna run at 120fps on PS5 yet or not, but if not...is 4k 60Hz my best option or 1080p/120 until 2.1's become more available?

Soldato
Im in the same boat looking for a HDMI 2.1 monitor for the PS5 and my Series X.

Ready to move on from my 1080p 120hz.

I wish PS5 supported 1440p it would be so easy.

MY list so far,

LG 27GP950
Samsung G7 LS28AG700NUXXU
Gigabyte M28u
Asus TUF gaming VG28UQL1A
Acer Nitro XV282K

Still comparing to see which works best for me.

But then waiting for it to come into stock....

Associate
OP
I ordered the BenQ EX 2510...Which is 1080p but will do me for now.

I ordered a 75inch Samsung qn95a also...so if i wanna be more sweaty i'll just use the BenQ for COD,fifa etc and if i wanna play like a story game i'll just use the sammy...i feel your pain though it's a pain in the backside with the 2.1 monitor situation.

I did like the look of both the LG 27GP950 and Gigabyte M28u also....but i cba checking websites all the time in my free time seeing if the LG is in stock etc etc.

Let us know what you go with buddy =)

Soldato
Just been looking at reviews and i'm leaning towards the Asus TUF Gaming VG28UQL1A.

In stock at very for £749.99 and direct from Asus store £699.99 but thats out of stock.

Associate
OP
I wouldn't leave it too long because once these things are out of stock it's normally AT LEAST a month.

I thought the hardest part would be getting hold of the next gen consoles...it's not it's getting hold of a 2.1 monitor lol

Associate
OP
Second to none in dark room conditions...Uneven wear if you were to watch a film with letterbox bars everynight for a year...and the risk of burn whilst playing fifa..i'll stick to LED panels at the prices i pay for my TV's.

Associate
OP
Exactly great point also....i normally go 75-85 inch i could not play fifa weekend league on that and warzone and stuff would be horrendous...and the way i have got the gaming room set up not sure even a 55 inch would work....i have looked at all this years Oleds i liked the Sony A90J far better than the LG's picture quality wise.

Associate
If you want 4K monitor you need proper HDMI 2.1, which is rare.
Quite a few monitors claiming it aren't true HDMI 2.1 monitors and have half assed 24GB/s mode, which isn't enough for high Hz without crappy 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.

Below that PS5 still apparently doesn't support 2560x1440 wasting potential of those very affordably priced monitors.
You only need HDMI 2.1 for high refresh rate monitors, and 24GB/s is only insufficient for PS5 because it doesn't support DSC, but in any case 4:2:0 chroma subsampling doesn't have a noticeable quality loss in games.

I'd recommend a Gigabyte M28U if the price isn't an issue.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You only need HDMI 2.1 for high refresh rate monitors, and 24GB/s is only insufficient for PS5 because it doesn't support DSC, but in any case 4:2:0 chroma subsampling doesn't have a noticeable quality loss in games.

I'd recommend a Gigabyte M28U if the price isn't an issue.
is it a better all-rounder than the LG 27GP950? I was looking at the M28U to be honest...but i think i read in a review that it had quite a high input lag.

Associate
is it a better all-rounder than the LG 27GP950? I was looking at the M28U to be honest...but i think i read in a review that it had quite a high input lag.
Input lag was fixed in a firmware update. From what I read the LG 27GP950 has major issues with black screens, has much worse backlight bleed than the M28U, and has a "cheat" glossy coating on top of a matte coating which is the worst of both worlds.

Associate
I'm suprised no one recommended the AORUS FI27Q-X 1440p 240hz ips has a 4k x 2k, 3840 x 2160’ downsampling mode when using HDMI at 60hz aka console mode.

got this monitor myself been using it with the ps5 and the image is crisp also extremely low latency/input lag

also read that you can change a few settings in the console to run it at 120hz haven't tried this myself yet i'm guessing it has something to do with performance mode.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Input lag was fixed in a firmware update. From what I read the LG 27GP950 has major issues with black screens, has much worse backlight bleed than the M28U, and has a "cheat" glossy coating on top of a matte coating which is the worst of both worlds.
Like i said i was looking at the M28U..it was only the input lag really holding me back, so this is great news..cheers pal =)

By 2.1 standards i feel like 650 is a fair price.

Soldato
Backlight bleed is about individual sample (+possibly production batches) related.
And LG's light/semi-matte AR coating is real thing.
Obviously it doesn't diffuse reflecting light as well as heavy AR coating, but it blurs/smudges image less:
https://i.rtings.com/assets/products/5aVP0RV8/lg-27gp950-b/pixels-large.jpg
https://i.rtings.com/assets/products/dgQKM6CK/gigabyte-m28u/pixels-large.jpg
That rough AR coating makes even light colour surfaces, especially white, look dirty/grainy.

Back
Top Bottom