PSP Go isn't look that great so far

AGD

AGD

Soldato
The review is awful. I'm not gonna change my psp for a psp go but the only problem I can see with it is the price.

Soldato
If I owned a Go I'd prob only use it as a media device and a gaming second. Where it's the other way around with my 3000. I have a 16gb M2 card in my 3000 now which in my eyes makes the Go pretty much void. You'd think games would only cost about £10 for it considering there's no case, art, UMD or manual and no shipping costs to get the games to stores.

Soldato
If I owned a Go I'd prob only use it as a media device and a gaming second. Where it's the other way around with my 3000. I have a 16gb M2 card in my 3000 now which in my eyes makes the Go pretty much void. You'd think games would only cost about £10 for it considering there's no case, art, UMD or manual and no shipping costs to get the games to stores.

Been mentioned so many times, they have to keep the DL version close to the UMD price so not to upset the retailers even more. Seen a few gaming stores selling DL games as a SKU, guess it contains a download code for the game, so they still sell the games but only have to stock the codes. As the PSP uses the same DRM as the PS3 its possible to game share so games could cost up to 1/5 of the PSN price, so a £30 game only cost you and your friends £6 Each.

Soldato
The review is awful. I'm not gonna change my psp for a psp go but the only problem I can see with it is the price.

Really? Not the fact that you're forced to buy the games direct from Sony? Or the fact that the controller is tiny? Or that the screen is smaller? Or the proprietary connections?

They're all reasons why I'd buy the 3000 over the Go even if they were at the same price, let alone now.

Soldato

and the fact that games are twice as pricey, if they had the games on for £15 for 6 month games and £18 for new games it'd be worthy, and then the price of the unit itself if that was lower priced.

In all honesty they should've released an 8gb version at a much lower price.

Soldato
I would be geniunely interested in reading Sony's business case for the Go, I really would. I know it would never happen, but they absolutely must have an alterior motive for producing it, especially given they will still produce and sell the 3000, so it can't be purely the piracy angle.

Yes, they will sell. The question would be was it really worth it to Sony?

Soldato
There alterior motive was to see if the public were ready for DLC only devices yet. The best thing for EVERYONE to completely boycott the device and let is die horribly.

They will force it on everyone sooner or later. Like making the PS4 DLC only. But the longer we can keep the woves at bay the better it is for us, it's the beginning of the end of the golden age of computers/consoles i feel. I don't want to be over-dramatic but i can see only dark days ahead. Both MS and Sony will make only DLC devices eventually

Soldato
There alterior motive was to see if the public were ready for DLC only devices yet. The best thing for EVERYONE to completely boycott the device and let is die horribly.

They will force it on everyone sooner or later. Like making the PS4 DLC only. But the longer we can keep the woves at bay the better it is for us, it's the beginning of the end of the golden age of computers/consoles i feel. I don't want to be over-dramatic but i can see only dark days ahead. Both MS and Sony will make only DLC devices eventually

And then it's only a small step to the horrible pit of failure that will be gaming-on-demand cloud computing gaming. Ergh.

Associate

Is iTunes that terrible? Steam?

Soldato
You seem to be missing the point, steam is not the only choice for game downloads and itunes is not the only choice for music downloads, wheras the PSP Go gives Sony a monopoly on game downloads on that platform.

Its the only choice for games on the ipod, iphone etc though, the price for the game is set by the publisher thats why all NIS games are half price for a while, and others are less/more than retail. Its strange that with the DSi, owners of older DS are locked out completely on DD games and demos, didnt here much fuss about that, albeit DSi owners can still but hard copies of games. Looking at some prices on PSN especially if you get your games from the US games are cheaper than in the shops over here, if i had one i would be getting most of the games from there. I guess if you like import games then you could just get them on the Japan PSN store, this applies for all PSPs though.
I had a play with a go in town and it feels far better to use than my psp 2k, the screen looks far better and i didnt notice the size difference TBH, if i had the money to spare i would get one, dont have many PSP games that i would miss so the no UMD wouldnt be a factor. I cant justify the price for a machine thats prime use is when you are "on the go" as i drive and dont use public transport it doesnt have much use, if i didnt have an iPhone it maybe more attractive as an all in one device to go along with a decent phone, but its use is limited for me. If/When the price drops to about the £150 mark i may be tempted to trade in my 2K for a shiny new go, but now its more money than i think its worth even with 4 free games.

Back
Top Bottom