PSP Go isn't look that great so far

Associate
There's nothing great about it, that's why. It's just small.
Small brings it's own benefits though. As does the lack of UMD drive, it's like a it's plus and minus point in one. Does anyone remember how much Sony were slagged off for making the PSP with a UMD drive? Many people hated it and it became a popular excuse for people turning to CFW.

There are also huge benefits (benefits worth paying for) to not having to have physical media too. Who here finds Steam much less of a pain when they build a new rig? Installing all of your old games with right click > install is so much less hassle than digging out the old disc and license codes etc.

Same thing could be said next time you are sunning yourself on a beach somewhere and don't want to have to whip out a man bag full of UMDs ;)

Soldato
So from experts in psp costs, what is a reasonable cost for a 3000 model seeing as the go is now on sale, or will it not drop down much yet?

Soldato
So from experts in psp costs, what is a reasonable cost for a 3000 model seeing as the go is now on sale, or will it not drop down much yet?

Can't imagine the 3000's price will drop much, the PSP Go is that much more expensive that there's no real reason for it to. I bought my blue PSP for £130 a few weeks back, still the same price now. Selling it for a fair bit less than that now in the MM, though.

Soldato
Same thing could be said next time you are sunning yourself on a beach somewhere and don't want to have to whip out a man bag full of UMDs ;)
That's the point I'm trying and obviously failing to make though, PSP 1000/2000/3000 can all access the PSN store and download games if they want to. If you don't want to carry around a manbag full of UMDs around then you still don't have to with any of the other PSPs.

Soldato
It will be interesting to see, in the coming months, what PSP GOs sell for 2nd hand on auction sites with games already downloaded. You see a few Wii's with quite a few SNES/N64 games etc already downloaded and paid for and it doesn't seem to bump the price up any. Infact, it would be interesting enough to see what they sell for 2nd hand with 0 games.

Associate
That's the point I'm trying and obviously failing to make though, PSP 1000/2000/3000 can all access the PSN store and download games if they want to. If you don't want to carry around a manbag full of UMDs around then you still don't have to with any of the other PSPs.
I totally see your point, but without the PSP Go forcing people down the download route they probably wont take the plunge into download only.

One other really nice feature which is either a Go feature, or a new firmware feature - pressing the home button gives you the option to "pause" a game. It then stores an image/snapshot, a lot like withdows hibernate function, you can then exit/turn off or even play another game and resume later. Really nice feauture if you are travelling around and need to save battery for example.

Soldato
I totally see your point, but without the PSP Go forcing people down the download route they probably wont take the plunge into download only.

One other really nice feature which is either a Go feature, or a new firmware feature - pressing the home button gives you the option to "pause" a game. It then stores an image/snapshot, a lot like withdows hibernate function, you can then exit/turn off or even play another game and resume later. Really nice feauture if you are travelling around and need to save battery for example.
That's another problem for me, maybe it's just personal but I don't think there's any reason they couldn't add this to downloaded games on the other PSPs. maybe they will bring it, but who knows.

And personally for my I've never really had a problem with saving games.

Associate
Yeah it doesn't look like itll do too well, I didn't even know when it was out!
Its a nice idea though I suppose, I quite like digital distro like Steam.

Back
Top Bottom