PSU at fault, looking for a replacement

cez

cez

Associate
Hi Guys

Had rebooting issues with my computer for a while now. Back in the day went to get it serviced and been told the GPU is faulty and needs replacement. So bought HIS IceQ 7950 to replace the 4870x2 but the PC was still rebooting when playing games such as Battlefield3 or Diablo3 (though at minimum settings it happened less frequently). So did some benchmarks, mem tests, etc, no issues. Went to get the PSU checked out, and it turned out its faulty. The current meter or whatever its called kept beeping most of the time..

My current PC:
CPU Intel Core 2 Quad [email protected] (3.5ghz when possible)
COOLING: Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Scythe S-Flex 1600rpm, Scythe S-Flex 1200rpm
MOBO: Asus Maximus II Formula
GPU: HIS IceQ 7950
AUDIO: SupremeFX X-Fi 8-CH Audio
HDD: WD 320aaks 320gb
PSU: Enermax Infinity 720W Modular
RAM: 4gb Corsair Dominator-8500
CASE: Thermaltake Soprano VB1000BWS & 2x 120mm fan + 1x60mm fan

So been looking for a decent replacement to the old Enermax... after a quick seach found Corsair TX 650W V2 and XFX Pro Series 650W XXX Edition Modular

Any ideas or help ?

Thank you

cez

cez

Associate
OP
I would go with the XFX Pro Series 650W XXX Edition Modular

Stelly

Wow that was quick

thanks, any other suggestions? I mean just because I posted these two doesnt mean I have to take one of it :p

Also which company has best Customer Service and preferably UK Headquarters or something that would deal with any possible issues quicker than 6 weeks...

Back
Top Bottom