PSU FAN Noise NON ECO MODE, Replace Fan Or Sell?

Soldato
So Evga RMA'd my PSU and lucky me got one with a faulty Fan :)!, Didn't realize until i switched on the good old Non Eco mode... They wont RMA as i wasn't Orginal Purchaser and it's been over 3 years, Despite the PSU having a 10 year...

Anyway...

Should i replace the fan on my p2 1200w? - Although it makes a noise it works. I'm worried if the fan noise would some how prevent it from working correctly in ECO mode and catching Mega fires etc etc :D...

Or just sell the thing notifying the next purchaser that it's audiable under load - Saying that, i'd only sell if it's deemed safe.

Rant over.

Soldato
So Evga RMA'd my PSU and lucky me got one with a faulty Fan :)!, Didn't realize until i switched on the good old Non Eco mode... They wont RMA as i wasn't Orginal Purchaser and it's been over 3 years, Despite the PSU having a 10 year...

Anyway...

Should i replace the fan on my p2 1200w? - Although it makes a noise it works. I'm worried if the fan noise would some how prevent it from working correctly in ECO mode and catching Mega fires etc etc :D...

Or just sell the thing notifying the next purchaser that it's audiable under load - Saying that, i'd only sell if it's deemed safe.

Rant over.

Change the fan. It's an easy enough job to do.

Back
Top Bottom