PSU for a 2nd (or is it 3rd or 4th sytem)

Soldato
I have a PC from B grade parts and Members Market items and stuff i had spare. The PSU i currently have is clearly poo @pastymuncher :) . If i put the PSU into daily use, what should i be looking at 550w ? 650w. i may upgrade the CPU when i see a cheap 1700 , 2600, 2700 in the MM

MSI R9 390
Gigabyte B450 Motherboard
Ryzen 1200 CPU
16GB RAM
240gb m.2
750gb 2.5 SSD
240 AIO Cooler
total 5 fans
cougar stx 550 PSU

may get a psu from mm if one pops up, but shortlist of the below

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £221.08 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

Soldato
OP
Man of Honour
Buy cheap, buy twice!! You know full well my thoughts on psu's which is why you tagged me you deviant!! :D:p:D

There does seem to be a massive shortage of psu's just about everywhere at the moment although if you hunt around some places have stock of psu's that are out of stock here and elsewhere. I picked up a Aerocool Project 7 Platinum 650w on Thursday for just under £86 which is a excellent price for that psu. It was designed by Aerocool in tandem with Techpowerup which turned out a excellent psu between them. Fully modular, platinum rated and a single 12v rail of 648w it comes with a 7 year warranty. The fan doesn't even spin below 60% load. Review here. I never thought I would end up buying a Aerocool psu as most of them are garbage but thanks to Techpowerup's involvement they have turned out a top quality psu. The OEM is Andyson and reviews state that it's the best psu that they have ever turned out.

Man of Honour
Never had a problem with them and I have bought more components through them than I have here. They have always got the order sent out quickly and the two times I have had to return stuff I have promptly recieved a brand new replacement or full refund including return costs. The first one was a gpu that turned up battered to hell as the courier looked like they had jumped up and down on the box (replaced), second was a six month old MSI motherboard that failed for which I recieved a full refund and bought a Asus one from them.

Soldato
OP
well they didnt believe that these keys had the spring squashed and they you couldnt use them. so i have my doubts whether any of them have actually used a PC

cozrIJs.jpg

Good evening, Thank you for your email. Looking at my system my colleagues found no faults with the keyboard and as a result we would not reimburse the postage.
Kind Regards,

Nicholas Spence
*** Technical / Returns Department

Back
Top Bottom