PSU upgrade, could do with expert advice!

Associate
Hi everyone,

I am upgrading to a 1080TI in the near future and want to future proof for a new mobo, ram and cpu in the next 18 months. Current specs are in my signature, I am currently running a "Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750W V2 High Performance '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply"

I am thinking about fully modular and probably around the 1000W mark for future proofing. I think around £150, maybe £200 maximum but if there is a good deal for cheaper I'd be interested.

Can anyone recommend my best options / best current PSU manufacturer etc?

Thanks to any who can help :)

Soldato
Hi

Your current psu would be more than fine to reuse with a GTX 1080 ti assuming it isn't giving you any problems ? It is made by Seasonic who are one of the top manufacturers along with the likes of SuperFlower, Delta and Flextronics.

Associate
OP
Hi

Your current psu would be more than fine to reuse with a GTX 1080 ti assuming it isn't giving you any problems ? It is made by Seasonic who are one of the top manufacturers along with the likes of SuperFlower, Delta and Flextronics.

Hi, thanks for the response. I wasn't expecting the power usage to jump up too much from a 980ti to a 1080ti, the PSU isn't giving me any problems no and it has been great. With potential new motherboards and Intel chips next year at the end of the "lake" series is it safe to assume a 750W PSU would still cut it?

Man of Honour
Going from a 980ti to a 1080ti your power draw will most probably drop. Pascal is ridiculously efficient. My entire pc including water cooling and several fans is only pulling up to 252w at the wall while gaming (depending on the game). Even benching with the gpu heavily overclocked I haven't even broken through 300w at the wall. Components are getting ever more efficient and a 750w psu will be more than enough power.

Back
Top Bottom