PSVR 2, anyone interested?

Soldato
I'd expect the new quest to be releasing in 2022 as well... Not that I have a playstation anyway.

I think they've likely released the news to try and stem the tide to quest 2, but it's a long way away, and facebook could easily just see what specs they're giving and outdo it. I'd imagine wireless tech would have come even further by then.

Associate
Yes, PSVR had a decent library of games that just worked, helg back by limitations of the hardware.

Need to get a PS5 first, Sony sent me an adaptor so I can at least use the old one on the ps5.

Associate
Its wired? If that's the case I'm not remotely interested. Quest 2 is liberating after being thered for the best part of the years, I will never go back to wired VR.

In fact I'm seriously tempted to sell my PC (I can get what I paid for my 1070ti on release.. ) because despite Virtual Desktop being absolutely incredible, im just playing my games natively right now

Soldato
Huge news really, as a VR enthusiast this is brilliant that Sony are pushing forward with VR. Despite the PSVR being crippled with severe limitations of the PS4 and a motion capture system born from the PS2/3 era, in console land where typically high cost peripherals don't do well, it succeeded.

I'm not too sure on the specs of the PS5, but if it has the ability to push AA/AAA development on the PSVR2, then it's literally an industry gamechanger which will trickle over to the PCVR market with big publishers like EA and UBI pushing multi format.

If Sony can deliver on the hardware and the PS5 has the stones to do it, price dependant, VR says hello to the mainstream. Following VR over the years, reading all the forums, people were waiting on buying it to VR on the back of what Sony did next.

Sony's mantra is all about the gamers, coming back, we all win on the back of that (unless your Microsoft):p

Associate
Despite not being a console owner or being a console fan its great news for VR, I'm echoing what others have said really.

Soldato
Yeah, day one purchase for me. Playstation VR was my favourite VR platform mainly due to the sheer quality of Sony's first party VR titles (astronomy, firewall, Wipeout, etc) and slick peripherals like the aim controller. Looking forward to see what PSVR 2 brings up the table.

Last edited:
Associate
I started with the first PSVR soon after launch..Iv been into VR ever since and stuggle to play pancake games these days. I wont get a PS5 just for PSVR no chance, im happy with Quest 2 and PCVR these days

Soldato
I started with the first PSVR soon after launch..Iv been into VR ever since and stuggle to play pancake games these days. I wont get a PS5 just for PSVR no chance, im happy with Quest 2 and PCVR these days

I have a Quest 2 aswell and will probably buy a new GPU (RTX 3060) when availability catches up to try out some of the PCVR exclusive titles I've missed. It's ages until PSVR2 releases anyway!

Associate
I have a Quest 2 aswell and will probably buy a new GPU (RTX 3060) when availability catches up to try out some of the PCVR exclusive titles I've missed. It's ages until PSVR2 releases anyway!

Yeah mate, I was lucky as i was in the first batch on the Asus RTX Strix 3080 OC from OcUK iv had since mid dec..And i bet we will have a Quest 3 before PSVR 2 anyways that id rather put my money too

And no monthly/yearly sub to play online either :)

Last edited:
Soldato
And i bet we will have a Quest 3 before PSVR 2 anyways that id rather put my money too

And no monthly/yearly sub to play online either :)

Everyone seems to grumble about the PS+ subscription but for ~£30 a year given ~3 free games every month I think it's pretty good value.

It'll be intresting to see if we get an Oculus Quest 3/Pro later this or early next year. Facebookulus seem like they're going to be pretty aggressive with the upgrade cycle when it comes to quest and the impression I get is that they want to make it an annual thing like new iphones/etc. Sony certainly have the higher quality VR games library IMO but whether given continual annual updates they'll be able to match Oculus with the standalone Quest in the long run I'm not so sure.

Soldato
Everyone seems to grumble about the PS+ subscription but for ~£30 a year given ~3 free games every month I think it's pretty good value.

It'll be intresting to see if we get an Oculus Quest 3/Pro later this or early next year. Facebookulus seem like they're going to be pretty aggressive with the upgrade cycle when it comes to quest and the impression I get is that they want to make it an annual thing like new iphones/etc. Sony certainly have the higher quality VR games library IMO but whether given continual annual updates they'll be able to match Oculus with the standalone Quest in the long run I'm not so sure.

The sheer volume of headsets being produced is going to encourage developers to work on more games, whether standalone or PCVR, it's a growing industry, and they aren't going to be as enthusiastic lock themselves onto a single platform I reckon.

Soldato
The sheer volume of headsets being produced is going to encourage developers to work on more games, whether standalone or PCVR, it's a growing industry, and they aren't going to be as enthusiastic lock themselves onto a single platform I reckon.

The problem with that is the lowest ebb is currently the most popular, PCVR and highend development would have suffered in the short to medium term coupling with the long standing perception among the general gamming population about VR gamming being light weight. Right now they've been downgrading to fit to mobile, it will swing the other way in a race to the bottom soon.

A PSVR2 swings that around if it's successful, a large install base brings proper AAA development back to VR:)

Back
Top Bottom