Pull the trigger? Or hold fire?

Associate
Afternoon all,

Looking for some advice on a new build. Current system is 5+ years old and I'm looking for a refresh. System will be used for gaming and potentially some streaming. I'd be streaming games like League of legends and WoW. However, I'd like a system that can still run higher end games (not necessarily stream them) should the need arise. I Do want to go for a white style build (original I know) and have a budget of £2000 - £2500.

I'm using two 27" monitors one 1080p the other 1440p as the main.

Additionally, I'm aware of next gen parts coming soon. Do I just not bother and wait? Or downgrade the GPU for the time being until the 4000 series arrive.

My basket at OcUK:

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) WHITE DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory

Total: £1,541.46 (includes delivery: £11.70)​

Appreciate the help! Have a good weekend.

Man of Honour
I would definitely wait, but if you do buy now, I'd get a 6700 for £350, with a view to selling it on and getting a white graphics card of your choice in maybe a year or two.

I'd also consider a 5700X for £230 as an alternative to the 12600K.

Caporegime
With that budget why not go for a 1TB PCI-E 4.0 boot drive and then consider either a 2TB NVME 3.0 or SATA SSD for big storage? Gets rid of anything not solid state for a quieter system. Or a 2TB NVME 4.0 and partition it.

Soldato
Intel 13th generation and Nvidia RTX 4000 cards will both be available later this year. Perosnally I'd wait until nearer Winter if you can to see what they bring to the table. If nothing else it'll knock a few hundred off the cost of the spec you're looking at.

Associate
OP
With that budget why not go for a 1TB PCI-E 4.0 boot drive and then consider either a 2TB NVME 3.0 or SATA SSD for big storage? Gets rid of anything not solid state for a quieter system. Or a 2TB NVME 4.0 and partition it.

To be honest I didnt look much into the drives! I do have a Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 PCI-E 3.0 Drive ready to go which I was going to use as a boot drive.

I did put an SSD as a saving option but a very good point so will definitely take that on board!

Caporegime
To be honest I didnt look much into the drives! I do have a Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 PCI-E 3.0 Drive ready to go which I was going to use as a boot drive.

I did put an SSD as a saving option but a very good point so will definitely take that on board!
If you have a 1TB already just pick up another Gen 4 1TB as your boot drive and partition it.

Back
Top Bottom