Pump Noise? Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If you install the Corsair Link software you can view what mode the pump is in currently and switch it to quiet mode. As per my thread here too, my H115i in performance mode has an audible tone but even in quiet mode it has a lower pitched tone in this mode too.

Associate
OP
If you install the Corsair Link software you can view what mode the pump is in currently and switch it to quiet mode. As per my thread here too, my H115i in performance mode has an audible tone but even in quiet mode it has a lower pitched tone in this mode too.

Hi mkr

Thanks for the reply the fans are set to zero and i can see they are not spinnng and the pump is set to quiet already but i still get this noise.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Sound slike that's the way it is for that particular AIO? I know all AIO pumps make a noise, some more than others though. Mine has only really been noticeable since I replaced every fan with Arctic P13 PST. Maybe someone else who has the H150i can confirm though that your noise is standard running.

Associate
OP
thanks, i do appreciate your comments I just feel it's unacceptable noise level, it can be heard 1 floor up from where the PC is located so to me that is too much.

I thin my best option is to return it for a refund

Thanks again,
Aaron

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Worth noting that resonance also plays a part in how fans and pumps sound across or even outside the same room. Don't know what case you have or what material the system sits on but mine is in a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv with the glass side panels and rubber feet which is on a plank of wood also on felt pad feet on laminate flooring so there's quite a bit of material to absorb resonance. If your case is sat on a desk or hard floor just as is then maybe the resonance frequency is just the right amount to be noticeable to your ears and as such not acceptable?

I've returned AIOs before or sold them on because the noise just wasn't for me whereas others in reviews had no issues with noise so from that experience it was clear to me that resonance played a part in how any cooling system does sound which is also why now I've been looking at a way to set a custom pump curve for my H115i so I can change the frequency so it's less audible with these extra quiet fans but I may just wait until a major upgrade and just change the core stuff all at once next year now.

Associate
OP
Worth noting that resonance also plays a part in how fans and pumps sound across or even outside the same room. Don't know what case you have or what material the system sits on but mine is in a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv with the glass side panels and rubber feet which is on a plank of wood also on felt pad feet on laminate flooring so there's quite a bit of material to absorb resonance. If your case is sat on a desk or hard floor just as is then maybe the resonance frequency is just the right amount to be noticeable to your ears and as such not acceptable?

I've returned AIOs before or sold them on because the noise just wasn't for me whereas others in reviews had no issues with noise so from that experience it was clear to me that resonance played a part in how any cooling system does sound which is also why now I've been looking at a way to set a custom pump curve for my H115i so I can change the frequency so it's less audible with these extra quiet fans but I may just wait until a major upgrade and just change the core stuff all at once next year now.

I think ill just go back to a big ass Heatsink and fan :)

Permabanned
It's difficult to say cus we can't tell the volume from the recording, but it doesn't sound unusual. Personally I gave up on water coolers. Too many problems and a good air cooler is just as good. Or at least I don't think it is worth the risk and issues of a water cooler for one or two degrees.

Associate
OP
It's difficult to say cus we can't tell the volume from the recording, but it doesn't sound unusual. Personally I gave up on water coolers. Too many problems and a good air cooler is just as good. Or at least I don't think it is worth the risk and issues of a water cooler for one or two degrees.

Thanks, I think your right this was my first in water cooling and will probably be the last, the CPU I have is a 3960x Threadripper so it's going to need something decent to keep it cool I've been looking at the Dark Rock Pro 4 from be quite as my case is a Dark Base Pro 900 so it will fit in quiet nicely.

Thanks for all the help and comments :)

Associate
OP
I've order one now so ill report back, also due to the size of my case ive order 3 x 140mm be quite fan for the top of the case were the rad would have been total cost for the Rock Pro and 3 x 140mm is less than the AIO maybe not as pretty but ill let you know :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'll keep an eye out for your update here then! I noticed they have a non pro and slim version too so ideal for space constraints although Pro would be fine for me I think in the Phanteks case.

Associate
I've got the H150i and it's completely silent on quiet mode and only the fans start making audible sound when set to extreme mode. If you can hear your pump 1 floor up from the PC then I'd say it's a faulty unit.

Associate
OP
I'll keep an eye out for your update here then! I noticed they have a non pro and slim version too so ideal for space constraints although Pro would be fine for me I think in the Phanteks case.

Here is the Aircooler i decided to go with not as pretty as the AIO Water Cooler but there is no noise now :)

Soldato
Here is the Aircooler i decided to go with not as pretty as the AIO Water Cooler but there is no noise now :)

Sometimes this is the only way if you value noise, i had a similar issue with one of my corsair units and was one of the reasons i went to custom loop. Air coolers suprisingly still do a fantastic job and the bequiet ones are excellent quality. They arent that far behind AIO's for much less fuss/no chance of failure.

Looks a very smart system actually, nice.

Associate
OP
Sometimes this is the only way if you value noise, i had a similar issue with one of my corsair units and was one of the reasons i went to custom loop. Air coolers suprisingly still do a fantastic job and the bequiet ones are excellent quality.

Looking very smart actually.

Cheers, im happy with it

Back
Top Bottom