Purchased new pc today and having HDMI problems

Associate
Hey folks the pre built pc i built from Overclockers arrived today and like the title says i'm having HDMI issues, i can't get it to connect to any TV in the house, either through HDMI or DVI, it won't display through my RX 580 i inserted or through the B450M motherboard, nothing is working and all other TV's display just fine on devices such as a PS4 Pro, tablet via HDMI etc the PC is fine too as far as i'm aware just this issue alone i can't fix. Could someone here give me advice? thanks in advance.

Man of Honour
What CPU does it have? Most Ryzen CPUs have no onboard graphics.

The RX 580, you connected the power connector(s), right?

Caporegime
What CPU does it have? Most Ryzen CPUs have no onboard graphics.

The RX 580, you connected the power connector(s), right?

Its a pre built PC.

CPU isn't relevant really cos he's connecting it directly to the GPU and it doesnt work. :p

OP you might want to post in the customer service section as well as here, in case there is any system specific advice they can offer you. :)

Is it that same cable you used for the other devices?
Any adapters being used?
Does the output work from the other connectors such as displayport?
Does the HDMI cable seat in the socket on the graphics card fully?
Does the connector look visually OK?

Man of Honour
Its a pre built PC.

CPU isn't relevant really cos he's connecting it directly to the GPU and it doesnt work. :p

OP you might want to post in the customer service section as well as here, in case there is any system specific advice they can offer you. :)

"it won't display through my RX 580 i inserted or through the B450M motherboard"

What's so illogical about my points, given the above? :p

Associate
OP
Its a pre built PC.

Is it that same cable you used for the other devices?
Any adapters being used?
Does the output work from the other connectors such as displayport?
Does the HDMI cable seat in the socket on the graphics card fully?
Does the connector look visually OK?[/QUOTE

I've tried 3 different HDMI cables, all are fine i'm fully confident the PC is fine also and my own devices definitely are. Everything connected properly, fans normal, no loose or disconnected cables on the motherboard i've never had any problems with a single product from OC before, no problems with cables/seating, or my TV's or monitor as everything else works via HDMI such as laptop, another pc, a PS4 Pro.. CPU is a 3400G which obviously has onboard graphics, best i've got so far is, after reinserting all my cables time and time again in different order,after turning the PC and TV's/monitor on and off at different times etc, simple steps.. it finally booted up randomly once after i repeatedly switched power on and off and reinserted my Windows USB and kb/mouse etc, so i managed to get windows 10 installed , switched it off and back on and the problem has just started all overagain, no signal.. I Then tried inserting my RX 580 and an older GPU to try those instead, both won't show either. So it has came on once and now it won't as before so it has to be a display on my end. I'm just puzzled as everything else i own displays fine on the 2 tv's and monitor i own without any issue at all.

Soldato
So are you installing your own RX 580 GPU? It didn’t come with the system?

What power supply do you have in the rig? Are you connecting the 8pin PCI-E power cable to the RX 580 when installing? Are you then also connecting the HDMI to the GPU and not the motherboard?

Also have you tried using DisplayPort, rather than HDMI if possible?

Last thing, could be worth a CMOS clear (remove the circular battery for 5 minutes with the PC and PSU switches off) on the mobo. Then try boot from the RX 580. Just ensure monitor is connected to the GPU and not onboard display on mobo.

Back
Top Bottom