• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Put your CPUs to use - OcUK mining pool ***

Man of Honour
Just a quick heads up for those who don't regularly visit the Cryptocurrency subforum, but following the nicehash hack, @Frozennova has very kindly set up an Electroneum mining pool for forum users that can turn a decent profit.

If you're a complete beginner don't let that put you off! We have a decent community here who have gone to great lengths to explain how this all works to those new to mining.

We have a decent community here who have gone to great lengths to explain how this all works to those new to mining.

It's worth noting that Ryzen is especially good for mining, my 1600 is calculated to be bringing in £3.50 per day using the OcUK pool.

Full details here:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-and-quickstart-guide-in-first-post.18803113/

Soldato
I just edited the one I think you mean. The link to the pool page is http://ocukminingpool.com/

There is one in GPUs, but we're casting the net wide to forums that have different demographics. Every little helps!
Looked at the link and it's just gibberish to my untrained eye! My Ryzen 1600 @ 3.8 is on pretty much 24/7 so would be up for giving this a whirl if there's a 'how to get started for noobs guide' kicking about?

Man of Honour
OP
Looked at the link and it's just gibberish to my untrained eye! My Ryzen 1600 @ 3.8 is on pretty much 24/7 so would be up for giving this a whirl if there's a 'how to get started for noobs guide' kicking about?

I'll be around a little later on, I'll walk you through it if no one else has by then.

Associate
Noob myself but setup is pretty easy tbh. Excluding the odd hour or two a day out and about, I'll be available on the pool discord channel if you need help getting setup.

1st page of the mining pool thread has all the info you need but a 1 on 1 can make it smoother. :)

Don

There is a noobie quick start guide within the first post - that's all you need to do for a start, the other wallet and crytopia transfer guides can wait.

Soldato
I'll be around a little later on, I'll walk you through it if no one else has by then.

You, sir, are a gent.

There is a noobie quick start guide within the first post - that's all you need to do for a start, the other wallet and crytopia transfer guides can wait.
Just spotted that. I'll have play about this morning and see how I get on.

Associate
Gave it a bash last night, seemed easy enough to setup but made my machine quite unusable, I'm often doing a lot of light stuff so was going to run this in the back ground as I have done with other miners but its quite heavy and when I kill the miner the machine bluescreens,

Seemed to run well enough with a couple of cards doing 2.4 KH/s (0.8 per GPU, 0.8 for the CPU) but a bit inconvenient for me if I can't just start/stop it or use machine whilst running.

Any tips? I tried only using 2 CPU cores but didn't really improve, is there other mining software I could use perhaps for this pool?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have all kinds of issues with my PC generally, but this didn't actually make it unusable for me strangely.

Everything is laggy at first, but once I start actually doing things it seems to turn enough resource towards other tasks to still run properly

Don
Gave it a bash last night, seemed easy enough to setup but made my machine quite unusable, I'm often doing a lot of light stuff so was going to run this in the back ground as I have done with other miners but its quite heavy and when I kill the miner the machine bluescreens,

Seemed to run well enough with a couple of cards doing 2.4 KH/s (0.8 per GPU, 0.8 for the CPU) but a bit inconvenient for me if I can't just start/stop it or use machine whilst running.

Any tips? I tried only using 2 CPU cores but didn't really improve, is there other mining software I could use perhaps for this pool?

What GPUs are you using - if NVIDIA then you need to play around with some values in the NVIDIA.txt config file, "bfactor" and "bsleep".

Back
Top Bottom