putting old HDD in new PC

dal

dal

Associate
Evening all, so I've just built a new PC and I've got a 1 TB SSD but as my case has loads of space for many more drives I thought I'd use a couple of old HDD's (500 GB each) which I could use to store photos, music , videos etc and keep the SSD space for games, photoshop etc.
One of the drives contains a operating system ( windows7) from my Father in laws old PC (built around 2014 so has sata) , he has sadly passed away and no one knows the password, if I plug this drive into my new PC would I be able to get stuff off of it, there may be some old photos & videos that my other half would like to keep.

Associate
Evening all, so I've just built a new PC and I've got a 1 TB SSD but as my case has loads of space for many more drives I thought I'd use a couple of old HDD's (500 GB each) which I could use to store photos, music , videos etc and keep the SSD space for games, photoshop etc.
One of the drives contains a operating system ( windows7) from my Father in laws old PC (built around 2014 so has sata) , he has sadly passed away and no one knows the password, if I plug this drive into my new PC would I be able to get stuff off of it, there may be some old photos & videos that my other half would like to keep.

if it's not encrypted then should be fine. Only one way to find out.

Back
Top Bottom