PvP- Diablo 3 vs Path of Exile?

Soldato
huh? PvP in diablo is only dueling, PoE has actual 2v2/3v3/1v1 queues and an arena thing. Permadeath doesn't matter in either, if you die in PvP you respawn.

Soldato
Poe is the better game in general not just in pvp and it's free!

I'd disagree with that tbh. PvP is probably better in PoE (never tried it in either, and have no interest in doing so), but for PvE D3 is far better IMO.

PoE suffers from pretty much all the problems D3 had at launch. Rubberbanding is far worse in PoE than it ever was in D3, crafting is basically worthless, item drops are about the same as D3 was (ie playing self found means you'll have horrible gear, and 99% of drops will still be worthless). It also "feels" worse than D3 for movement, attacking, etc.

I'd recommend trying it since it's free, but it's worse than D3, and not even close to RoS IMO.

Soldato
Completely serious. Unless you're at a point where the only items that are upgrades don't exist there's not much point in crafting since it will be significantly cheaper to simply go to one the the trading websites and put in whatever stats you want and buy it. Then if you're playing self found you won't have enough currency to actually craft anything useful unless you get ridiculously lucky.

The only time crafting is worthwhile is if what you want isn't available to buy.

Associate
Decided to edit my original txt. Let's just say I'm not a fan of d3/blizzard and enjoy poe significantly more, even with its problems. Op if you havnt already, get a toon geared up and try pvp yourself, it's free after all. If your on standard I may be able to help after my many rips from hc/invasion. If you havnt played d3 yet for the love of God don't buy it just for brawling (pvp). If massively dumbed down like unfortunately 95% of d3 is, including RoS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom