• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Q9550 won't work in Abit ip35 - HELP

Soldato
As title, just cannot get this to work. Is an Eo stepping by the way.

I've upgraded the Abit ip35 to the latest 18 beta bios (m630a.bin one) and still no joy. Comp just won't boot up, all the fans spin up, hard drive kicks in and it feels like it's almost going to work, but doesn't. Putting my e8400 back in all is fine so no other probs with my gear.

Having now done some more web investigations it seems that for some ip35 owners they had this exact problem, but for others it all works fine, especially if using the latest 18 beta bios. For those that it did't work, nothing would help and most caved in and bought new motherboards.

I didn't buy the Q9550 from ocuk, or online, I bought it from a physical shop (shock horror). Problem is I therefore can't send it back under the 7 day distance selling regs, and if the chip isn't actually faulty in itslef (which I don't think it is) then will the shop take it back??? Need some advice quick folks.

Last edited:
Associate
I had the same problem with the IP35-E but with an E5400. I could get into bios and everything, but it wouldnt boot up. I ended up selling both and getting a cheap £58 gigabyte mobo and an E6300 2.8ghz. The mobo managed to push it to 3.7Ghz stock volts (not tried to go further) so pretty happy.

You could probly sell the E8400 and get a mobo that OCs quite well

C64

C64

Soldato
a 6300 stable @ 3.7 ghz ? that has to be some sort of record surely ? at stock volts it's orthos stable @ 3.7 ?

Rab

Rab

Associate
Having now done some more web investigations it seems that for some ip35 owners they had this exact problem, but for others it all works fine, especially if using the latest 18 beta bios. For those that it did't work, nothing would help and most caved in and bought new motherboards.

had the same prob when bought a q9550, some got it to work, MOST didnt.
tryed all the bios, beta, modded version ect.
ended up had to buy a another mobo:( shame cause the ip pro has been my best mobo ever :)

Soldato
OP
had the same prob when bought a q9550, some got it to work, MOST didnt.
tryed all the bios, beta, modded version ect.
ended up had to buy a another mobo:( shame cause the ip pro has been my best mobo ever :)

Glad (well not glad exactly :)) someone else had same experience as me with the same hardware. And, looking at your sig I've done exactly what you did too - I'm sat waiting in for delivery of an Asus P5Q pro turbo motherboard!

How's the q9550 running on it for you? What you got it overclocked at?

Associate
I was toying with the idea of Q9550 EO for my IP35-Pro - not sure if it's worth the risk (risk of not working) over my trusty Q6600. I'll be patient and wait until Jan/Feb for a complete overhaul...

Soldato
OP
I was toying with the idea of Q9550 EO for my IP35-Pro - not sure if it's worth the risk (risk of not working) over my trusty Q6600. I'll be patient and wait until Jan/Feb for a complete overhaul...

I wouldn't risk it.

I've ended up spending way more than I should have on what was supposed to be a simple low cost upgrade to tide me over/ have something new to play with. Am kind of wishing I'd just gone all out and got an i5 set up now, but I think I'll now see how this q9550 performs (hoping it works in the new asus board!) and look at what's out in a year's time. Might be something much more of a leap.

Rab

Rab

Associate
Glad (well not glad exactly :)) someone else had same experience as me with the same hardware. And, looking at your sig I've done exactly what you did too - I'm sat waiting in for delivery of an Asus P5Q pro turbo motherboard!

How's the q9550 running on it for you? What you got it overclocked at?

been at 3.8ghz since had it from day one, good chip :)

Back
Top Bottom