Qatar Airport - who's been there?

Soldato
As title - I've got a couple of long-ish (8 hours or so) stops at Qatar Airport later this month.

Who's been there before? Is it near any towns? Anything interesting to do while i'm waiting there?

Many thanks :)

Soldato
I've been to Doha airport, I guess that's the one you mean.

I was only there for around 7 hours (1am to 8am), airport is decent enough size. It's freezing though!!!! They fairly whack up the air conditioning inside there.

Electronic shop is ok but small, there are a few restaurants as usual.

Soldato
OP
I've been to Doha airport, I guess that's the one you mean.

I was only there for around 7 hours (1am to 8am), airport is decent enough size. It's freezing though!!!! They fairly whack up the air conditioning inside there.

Electronic shop is ok but small, there are a few restaurants as usual.

Yep, Doha!

I'm there overnight, and then all day (7am - 5pm) on the way back, so I need something to kill the time :/ Can I use power sockets at an airport? If so I can use my laptop to watch films :)

Soldato
I had a 16 hour stop there a few months ago, its really not a nice airport and the bathroom is really nasty.

Check into a airport lounge its only around 30 quid but its well worth it.

Its in town but you will have to get a visa to leave the airport

Associate
I spent 4 hours there in May on the way to Vietnam. Not a particularly nice airport at all. Bring some books, an ipod, a laptop. Stuff you can use to distract you from the fact you're stuck there for hours.

Associate
been there about 12 times, first few times I didn't have access to their lounge.. and it was awful.. really terrible. Esp the toilets.

The food was terrible too, tasted really cold and horrid. It is a far-cry from Dubai, I guess it is meant to be just a hub, but if you can try and spend a few quid to get into the lounge as the whole place was pretty damn awful to stay in. I was there for 4hrs and it felt like far longer. If you can't go into the lounge, build some sandwiches from here, pop on your ipod and sleep!

Its a shame that such a great airline lands in such an awful airport. You get treated like a king onboard and like a muppet when your in the airport.

Soldato
Horrible airport. We went through on our way to the Maldives and my wife was wearing a skirt and a top without sleeves (skirt was a decent length). She got nothing but dirty looks from all the women there.

Also, the bathrooms are disgusting. Shocking even.

They do have an A&W but I don't think it's quite the same as the ones in America and Canada. I was too afraid to eat there.

Back
Top Bottom