Qatar MotoGP 2009 - Race 1/17

Associate
Stoner's pre-season and free practice pace has been very impressive, but Vale is a sly old fox, very clever at not showing his hand - and who would ever bet against him in a race?
Hope the Suzuki puts in a better show this year, looking quite good in testing, still think it will be a race of two though.

Rossi ***!

Soldato
So long as it's another year of class fairing to fairing racing, I don't really mind who wins! So long as it's not "teddy's out the cot" Pedrosa of course.

Soldato
125cc qualifying just finished, MotoGP qualifying about to get going.

And I agree with DevilsAdvocate, Toby and Julian all the way! :D God bless the man who made the decision to allow Eurosport to continue with their coverage, even if the MotoGP race isn't live.

Associate
Excellent qualifying session. I hope that Nicki's allright, he certainly launched off that Ducati and took a good smack on landing. Shame about Capirossi's lap getting ruined, hope he factors now in the race.

Tomorrow should be a good one!

@ Shoei: you've ruined Stoner interviews for me - I had never noticed that he can only string about five words together maximum before "you know" !!! Sheesh!

Associate
Chuffed for Marco, hope he beats the other Dukes!

I know Stoner is very fast, but I just don't rate him as a great rider, he just has most faith in the electronics, I think he'd struggle on any other bike.

Hope Niki's ok, bet he's thinking about another contract now though.

Anyway, can't wait for tomorrow, my money's still on Valentino.:D

Associate
@ Shoei: you've ruined Stoner interviews for me - I had never noticed that he can only string about five words together maximum before "you know" !!! Sheesh!

lol.
Either way you'll get "you know" or "for sure" in the post race interviews.
Why o why dont the teams get some coach in to teach the riders how to give a decent interview. Only good interviews are the ones where the riders cant speak any english and its translated.

Need a MotoGP Bingo card with things like "you know", "wrong tyre", "wrong mapping", "wrist is hurting" etc etc. :p

Soldato
Can open worms everywhere...

I don't see why not..

World Superbikes last week was in HD on Eurosport HD (although it didn't look amazingly HD, it was pretty good!)!!!

But as it happens, MotoGP is not on Eurosport HD..

I know the F1 guys are fed up of people asking, but c'mon, it's supposed to be the pinnacle of technology and we have to view it through a pair of net curtains to see it ;)

Associate
I'm still not decided on Stoner. As a rookie he was very quick, but kept chucking himself at the scenery. Since he got the electronics he has kept it upright, the bike looks like it is in pain trying to keep traction! It doesn't help that he is a grumpy sod, vale is an awesome rider and has a personality.

I hope Toseland does even better this year, same goes for the British riders in the other GP classes.

Back
Top Bottom