Quad Bikes R For Stupid People

Caporegime
those things must absoluty EAT tyres :/

no diff on the driving wheels, must be grim on tarmac, and whydo they always make them as loud as possible, t's not even a good loud like a gp can or a decent car with a turbo an dump valve it sounds like the ******* offspring of a corsa with a dustbin for an exhaust and a 125 whose exhaust has fallen off.

as for the nodding thing, does any one else give a nod to the 125 riders in a "at least they're trying" way but ignore the moped drivers:o

on the subject of mopeds though got sent the best quote by a friend "mopeds are for men who want to be a biker but like to feel the wind on their vagina"

Associate
I used to have a road legal quad, and your comments are pretty much spot on. I couldnt filter, turn a corner sharpy, pass cars overly quick (incase the bloody thing flipped up on me and it just wasnt that safe. I did however nod to bikers and 90% of the time they nodded back. I wasnt chaved up though, always wore a lid (mx with goggles) and no trackies! Lol

Associate
Anyone else agree? you can't filter through traffic,you can't overtake cars,you look silly and pleeeeeeeese don't nod to me,your not a biker,just a wannabe:D rant over
haha, there's a chav down my way with a quad which sounds likes its been made louder and has fancy lighting fitted - it just looks & sounds a tragedy going around town BUT must get nuff repec' on the estates...

Caporegime
as for the nodding thing, does any one else give a nod to the 125 riders in a "at least they're trying" way but ignore the moped drivers:o

on the subject of mopeds though got sent the best quote by a friend "mopeds are for men who want to be a biker but like to feel the wind on their vagina"

Mopeds lol...is the CC of a bike your only determining criteria for respecting a biker or does it come down to a combination of them somehow not looking like a nob to you, what the bike may be or what gear they have on - seriously, I'm curious?

Regarding quads - I've seen a few guys on them with back protectors but no helmets on the road lol. Yup, seems like they're for stupid people.

Associate
...I'm curious?

I'm curious too.

I usually get plenty of nods when I'm scooting around on my T5, although I'd like to think that they're not the "at least your trying" kind...even got a quick thumbs up the other day from a chap on a "proper" bike who pulled up at a stop, which was a first.

I've experienced the ego riders too though, that'll fly past as close as they can or rev the **** out of their pride & joy to let me know that they're bigger and better than me. Heh heh.

As for quads, hmmm...sure they look a little odd on the road, but as long as they're not being ridden like a ****, then I don't really have any issues with them. Don't see them very often though.

Caporegime
I don't nod at scooters as it doesn't occur to me to do so. No problems with them but they are quite funny though.

The scooters are funny, the look of the riders on them or a combination of both? Just the sit up and beg ones, maxi scooters, bikes and/or scooters with L plates or is it related to them having automatic transmission at all?

Considering that they're probably the most ideal transport to get to work on for the vast majority of people, certainly in towns and cities, it would seem to say that it's about looks and not the practicality at all for you?

As diverse180 said, I've seen a few riders, admittedly younger ones, that think that their £5k bike is somehow light years better in some way than my £3.5k scooter. Right on queue one time, some guy on £15k-£20ks worth roars up on the other side and doesn't nod at either of us, to the utter frustration of the lad who's nodding like he's possessed lol.

I think I simply nod at anyone in sensible gear, regardless of what they're riding.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mopeds lol...is the CC of a bike your only determining criteria for respecting a biker or does it come down to a combination of them somehow not looking like a nob to you, what the bike may be or what gear they have on - seriously, I'm curious?

Regarding quads - I've seen a few guys on them with back protectors but no helmets on the road lol. Yup, seems like they're for stupid people.

I said the cc doesn't matter, I mid to bikes :p mopeds just doesn't really clock, although I do nod to one guy I see sometimes in Manchester cause he leans his little ped so far over I'm truly amazed he doesn't slide off it, respect to that :p

as for pads being the most ideal for commuting in a city id say a decent 125 beats them hands down, more agile, higher up for better visibility over cars and much thinner for filtering.

seen lads on CBR 125 or r125s fly through heavy traffic as if it wasn't even there, completely suicidal mind given the amount of car drivers who change lanes without looking, indicating or making any warning.

yesterday in the absolute ****ing rain had some woman decide a cars length from.th line at the traffic lights that she didn't want to be in the left turn lane and instead if sucking up the mistake and just going with it swerve violently across into the straight ahead lane with such a short space she eneded up having to stop in the cycle box and even then wasn't straight.
I proper **** myself and am so glad that the front tyre didn't skid in the wet.

the whole way through she had her head looking left talking to her passenger

As diverse180 said, I've seen a few riders, admittedly younger ones, that think that their £5k bike is somehow light years better in some way than my £3.5k scooter. Right on queue one time, some guy on £15k-£20ks worth roars up on the other side and doesn't nod at either of us, to the utter frustration of the lad who's nodding like he's possessed lol.

to be fair a 5k bike if second hand is gonna be a pretty decent 600 sport so probably is considerably better than your scooter in terms of handling, speed and acceleration. you probably got it beat on comfort and storage space though.

guys on big scooters are different to the little ones as they have some sense amount of scooters you see undertaking vehicles indicating left is scary

Last edited:
Caporegime
I nod at everyone really - bikes, scooters, cyclists (as I spend a lot of time cycling its habit!) even horse riders!

Nice! I might start nodding at old fogies on mobility scooters lol.

Oh I'm under no illusion that the lad's 5k sports bike was a much better machine than my scoot. My comment was more about him not nodding to me and the other guy not nodding at him. It made me wonder if there were any criteria in the back of people's minds that meant that one biker would get a nod but another wouldn't.

It really doesn't matter to me about the nodding at all - I don't expect it as I know I'm only one step up from a pizza deliver guy on this scoot lol, but when it happens it's good.

Back
Top Bottom