Quake champions

V F

V F

Soldato
What speed is your connection? I was watching a stream and he said the rocket launcher has gotten worse.

Man of Honour
What speed is your connection? I was watching a stream and he said the rocket launcher has gotten worse.

I'm on VDSL2+ pretty much full speeds (~70Mbit down, 19Mbit up) and single digit latency to UK hosts.

Seems more of a curse than anything these days with lag compensation so badly written to try and force it to be "fair" - tempted to swap over to my 4G tethering though the varied latency makes it less than ideal in other ways :s

V F

V F

Soldato
So what happens with this game after the beta ends? Strangely enough I had never heard anything about Quake Champions until this site. Is this going to be a retail game or?

V F

V F

Soldato
God damnit! I'm having horrible flashbacks of server queues. Totally forgot about this stuff. 20 minutes now and still cannot get in plus weird people in the chat. :(

V F

V F

Soldato
Never knew you could select any modes as the play button cannot be pressed. Restarted it several times as many others are in the chat complaining about the same. I remember it saying 18 or 18 minute wait time?

Soldato
Never knew you could select any modes as the play button cannot be pressed. Restarted it several times as many others are in the chat complaining about the same. I remember it saying 18 or 18 minute wait time?

Oh. Have you got champion window open at bottom? Used to be you couldnt select play if you had a champion selected that you hadnt unlocked.

V F

V F

Soldato
It was the main window with your character when the game loads to the main menu screen. Ranger was selected.

Soldato
It was the main window with your character when the game loads to the main menu screen. Ranger was selected.

Yeah make sure you have selected ranger at bottom.

If you select any champion you havent unlocked yet, the play button does not work.

When it does work it will make a noise and glow when you hover your mouse over it.

V F

V F

Soldato
Yeah make sure you have selected ranger at bottom.

If you select any champion you havent unlocked yet, the play button does not work.

When it does work it will make a noise and glow when you hover your mouse over it.

Shame there is no Sarge. He was bad ass with his cigar.

Man of Honour
Not a particularly good game struggling with "netcode" and quite a bit of negative mouse acceleration and tired <insert other excuses> but a reasonable scoring TDM round:

Shame there is no Sage. He was bad ass with his cigar.

I suspect more will come once the game goes "retail" - if they get some stuff sorted out by then I'd be happy enough to pay to unlock some of my favourite characters from previous quakes.

Soldato
Not a particularly good game struggling with "netcode" and quite a bit of negative mouse acceleration and tired <insert other excuses> but a reasonable scoring TDM round:

I suspect more will come once the game goes "retail" - if they get some stuff sorted out by then I'd be happy enough to pay to unlock some of my favourite characters from previous quakes.

Opinion of the overall game? When is it out?

Man of Honour
Very mixed opinion - its got that ability to lose yourself in it like quake of old, even with abilities and other stuff some hate but some aspects like "netcode" need a ton of work and some directions they are pushing I don't think are going to pan out like they envision.

Back
Top Bottom