US: Quarry

Soldato
Have seen the first two, really enjoying it.

Cinemax seem to have a knack of producing good content, first Strike Back, after that Banshee now this.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, it's pretty damn good so far. Brutal too, that shoot out and the resulting clean up was slightly messy.

That said, one thing is bugging me. It's set in '72 and has hot naked women, yet there's no 70s bush!

Permabanned
Hadn't heard of it before seeing this thread but it's pretty damn good after the first episode so far. Hopefully i'll get the second and third in while she's watching x factor tonight.

Caporegime
Can't get into this at all, it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere and is too slow, feels like it is trying to be too "true detective".

Certainly doesn't live up to banshee anyway, god I miss that show :(

Soldato
So after watching the entire season I have to agree with the above sentiment. Good acting but you really have to question your own morality to whether it's enjoyable watching or not.

Soldato
overall i thought it was pretty good, some episodes were gripping and some felt like they went on way too long.

I'd probably watch it next year if it was renewed, but equally not fussed if it was cancelled.

Soldato
Can't get into this at all, it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere and is too slow, feels like it is trying to be too "true detective".

Certainly doesn't live up to banshee anyway, god I miss that show :(

I would certainly agree that its no Banshee (which was fantastic from start of episode 1) , just a bit too predictable

(the friend getting kiled on the first job, even though he had a clear shot from the door - but un-neccessarily walked all the way into the room)

Just one of the many bits that really bugged me about the opening episode - also didnt really get what they had done wrong - ie why all the protestors, and how the **** did the protestors even know they were gonna be at the airport on that day

( I know there were a huge amount of anti - vietnam protests at the time, but protests against particular soldiers seems a bit much. In the 70's that amount of info released publicly would have taken a lot of time - not quickly enough to protest on these guys arrival in town)

Will try 2nd episode but its a bit meh for me so far

Back
Top Bottom