Quartz/Granite Worktop Question

Associate
Hi Guys

We are looking at a quartz worktop for our new kitchen. Is it normal for the company who supply and fit the quartz to fit an under-mount sink? Our kitchen fitter isn't keen on drilling the quartz worktop to fit the under-mount sink. He's worried about cracking it.

Soldato
I'm pretty sure they usually stick under-mount sinks to Granite worktops, you can use a silicone/adhesive product like CT1 and that will hold it. The sink will have a flat edge you can apply the adhesive to.

Soldato
They didn't fit the sink for me, it had to be in position before they would fit the worktop. But they cut the worktop and siliconed it to the sink. The sink itself had to be flush with the units.

Soldato
Yes, they cut the sink and fitted, all in it cost £1800 aprox give or take £50. They will come and pre-measure up before hand for them to get the peices cut, the pre-measure costs you £80. Small price to pay to ensure it fits your kitchen correctly.

They actually took my sink away with them and cut the sink hole before attending my property.

Soldato
Excellent. Thanks for that. A quick calculation from their very rough prices still comes out over half the price I’ve been getting quotes from. I’ve got 10 meters of worktop and a double width 2m for breakfast bar area.

Back
Top Bottom