Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carrier sets sail tonight

Associate
Anybody in the Ednburgh, Lothians or Fife area going to go down to the water to see her sail tonight?

Currently expecting her to leave the dock basin at around 1730 high tide. She'll then be anchored out in the river until aroun 2330 low tide to sail her under the bridges.

Associate
I would love to see her set out but as I live at the wrong end of the country I will wait for her sister ship to make home port in this part of the isle.

Associate
OP
I would love to see her set out but as I live at the wrong end of the country I will wait for her sister ship to make home port in this part of the isle.

I can see her where she is docked now from where i work. Will be heading to a local vantage point to watch it manoeuvre out the basin then down to the water front close to where she should be sat waiting.

Permabanned
If only we had some sort of STVOL jet we could have used as a stop-gap. Even something from the 80s would do.

Would love to see the Harrier brought back, maybe update the airframe and avionics to make it suitable for modern roles.

But no, lets spend billions on a broken, delayed and overpriced 'murican jet from Lockfail Martin.

Back
Top Bottom