Queen's Tennis

Soldato
Andy Murray has returned after 50 weeks out of the game having fully recovered from a hip operation in January. He's come into this and Wimbledon with (justifiably) low expectations and doesn't expect to win much as he's presumably not had intense practise leading up to this, yet he's doing well! He's just won the first set against Nick Kyrgios, 6-2. Now 5-5 second set.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Kyrgios plays tennis like most people think they do when they're knocking the ball around. So frustrating but fun to watch.

Really good match regardless of the outcome.

I was really expecting him to win in the end seeing as how he pulled it back from matchpoint to Kyrgios, but it wasn't to be. Everyone knows though that under normal circumstances he would have easily beaten Kyrgios. I have a feeling Murray might not get much past 2nd or 3rd round at Wimbledon.

Soldato
Cilic beats Djokovic in a really good final. Good to see Cilic come back after Djokovic had a match point, after losing last years final when he had a match point against Feliciano Lopez. Well earned victory this time after the free victory in 2012 against Nalbandian.

Soldato
Just flicked on the Wimbledon qualifying tournament on the Red Button and the rather lovely Genie Bouchard is playing. She really has sunk without trace after getting smashed off the court by Kvitova in that final a few years ago. :p

Soldato
Well Edmund beat Murray. Didn't see it, and I don't know what says about where Murray is at. He thrashed Wawrinka, but he also has just come back from injury.

Caporegime
He played well but Edmund played extremely agressive tennis. His forehand was simply too much for Murray today who looked a tad off the pace compared to Monday.

Honestly don't think he's fit enough to compete at Wimbledon and he should be looking at the hard court season to continue his comeback and aim for the US Open.

Caporegime
Colour me surprised, never looked like he would. Hope he gets better for the hard season and we get another Federer v Nadal final (not seen the seeds - can they?) :cool:

Back
Top Bottom