Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a really short USB to 90 degree USB C cable for a Anker powerbank to Quest 2? Hate wrapping the cable round and round just to make it short enough to run from the back of my head to the headset.

Cheers

Soldato
id get a magnetic one
The problem is, having to yank the magnetic end out everytime i come to charge the headset via the Anker charging dock. Unless there's a cable thats compatible with the anker dock cos the one i have now (which is magnetic also, just too long) isn't compatible. The magnetic poles are the same so it doesn't attach lol.

Edit:

Same problem as this guy: Anker Quest 2 Dock Compatible USB-C Magnetic Cable : OculusQuest (reddit.com)

No one seems to have a cable that works though cos of the magnetic poles.

Soldato
Thinking of replacing my MVH studios headstrap with something else. The Kiwi Design one looks good, and love the ability to raise the headset without taking off the strap.

However I don't like the fact that there is no counter weight. Or have the option to buy the same strap with an inbuilt battery.

Considering the Bobo M2 pro. Can only get them from Aliexpress though and if I order now, it won't arrive until the end of January :(

Am actually thinking about just buying the elite strap with battery. And then buy the Foam pad add on for the Elite strap from VR cover. I wish you could buy the Elite strap with battery without the bag.

EDIT: I am just after finding out that Oculus have introduced an Elite Strap with battery option that doesn't include the bag. So I might just get one of those instead.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You may have checked, but look at the postage options for Aliexpress, recently ordered a few things on there, and found that switching postage option could add only a £1 or so, but reduce delivery time by weeks.

Soldato
You may have checked, but look at the postage options for Aliexpress, recently ordered a few things on there, and found that switching postage option could add only a £1 or so, but reduce delivery time by weeks.

Yeah, tried that, there were only two options available. The fastest option still wouldn't come before Christmas but would cost $313, so no thanks :D

Soldato
Thinking of replacing my MVH studios headstrap with something else. The Kiwi Design one looks good, and love the ability to raise the headset without taking off the strap.

However I don't like the fact that there is no counter weight. Or have the option to buy the same strap with an inbuilt battery.

Considering the Bobo M2 pro. Can only get them from Aliexpress though and if I order now, it won't arrive until the end of January :(

Am actually thinking about just buying the elite strap with battery. And then buy the Foam pad add on for the Elite strap from VR cover. I wish you could buy the Elite strap with battery without the bag.

EDIT: I am just after finding out that Oculus have introduced an Elite Strap with battery option that doesn't include the bag. So I might just get one of those instead.

I got my m2 pro from Amazon a few weeks back you checked on there?

Associate
have been using both the Kiwi Designs V2 strap and the Link cable, very pleased with both, posted direct from their website and they had a discount running too which made them both very reasonable

Back
Top Bottom