Question 2gpu slot vs 1

Associate
There are some motherboards that 2 gpu slot are the same price even they are the same generation, if 2 gpu is slot is better so why people still buying 1 gpu slot motherboard?. we know that gpu are expensive what if you have like GT 640 4gb videocard and another 4gb GTx1050 new style of graphic card, of course your old school video card would still be a good help maybe just using for obs and other low grahpic games like ps2 emulator or ps3 etc

Man of Honour
I think it is partly just because of their release schedules, e.g. X570 launched before B550 and partly because there are low-middle-high end boards of each chipset. The enthusiast chipset (X570/z690) always has more lanes available so it makes sense to use them (either on the PCI-E slots, or the M.2 slots), but it doesn't necessarily mean that the rest of the board is equivalent quality (in features or components) to a middle or high-end board of the mainstream chipset (B550/B660).

X570/Z690 do have some features other than just more lanes though, so I wouldn't say that everyone buying one does it for using 2 full size slots, rather I'd say that hardly anyone that buys one uses both slots.

Soldato
The example you used is pretty poor as well, for example, using the older GPU for things like OBS won't be beneficial since the encoder on that is older and tends to have worse results, while emulation, the newer GPU will almost always outperform it. Pretty much useless keeping the older card unless you have a lot of monitors you need to connect to the PC.

Soldato
Here is one advantage to using 2 graphics solutions, where one graphics solution was dedicated to hardware acceleration on Amazon Music. This way the primary GPU could do as much processing as it wanted, yet Amazon Music had 100% use of it's own hardware acceleration. See my thread from last year.

Back
Top Bottom