Question about car insurance

Associate
So, up until it expired recently I was the policyholder of an Admiral Multicar policy which covered my Mother's insurance as well as my own, on separate cars. While I made no claims under my half of this policy, my Mum did (non fault, which didn't actually lead to any sort of payout). My NEW insurer (who are insuring me only) are saying that the non-fault, non-payout claim which my MOTHER made, in HER car is enough to push my premiums up on this new solo agreement. Can someone else's claim (which wasn't even really a claim) really be used to inflate mine in this way, or should I whinge at the FSA?

Associate
Well you've not made a claim or have been involved in a claim/accident so I don't see how they suggest that. Try speaking to someone else at that company.

Associate
OP
No, she's not on the new policy at all and yes the NCB is separate. Apparently though because I was the policy holder, it's all down to me?

Associate
OP
If I'VE had accidents or convictions, of course, the answer is no. But they reckon they've pulled this info from a national database somewhere...

Soldato
If I'VE had accidents or convictions, of course, the answer is no. But they reckon they've pulled this info from a national database somewhere...

What that your mum had an accident?

Can't see why it matters, I mean Mr Smith opposite me could have had an accident but apart from adding to the stats and possibly uplifting the insurance in my general area for my individual insurance it shouldn't matter. Which company is it, it's not LV is it?

Maybe this is a trait of the multicar insurance in that an accident is recorded against all NCBs. I'd get onto Admiral and get them to qualify.

Top Bottom