Question for "Roll your own" smokers

Caporegime
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,

Have you ever purchased your tobbaco from an online european vendor ? OR would consider it ?

I always try and pester anyone thats traveling to get me a few pouches, but today i am bored and thought id have a google to see what i could find, i wasn't dissapointed.

I was just wondering about legality of it all, regarding Tax or VAT.

So basically is it worth trying or is it too risky?? Or not worth it 'cos they apply UK tax to it??

And sorry its such a weird subject for GD but i know there are plenty of roll up smokers here :D

(please no anti smoking rants :mad: )

Permabanned
you can bring back a personal allowance if you go on holidays, depending on country/member state.

it depends on the volume essentially. However, by ordering you are the importer. You will be liable for all duty owed. Failure to pay duty of tobacco products on importation or removal from an authorised bonded warehouse is an offence under the Customs and Excise management act 1979 and also the Tobacco Act 1988.

for clarification go to www.hmrc.gov.uk or phone 0845 010 9000

Caporegime
OP
Biohazard said:
you can bring back a personal allowance if you go on holidays, depending on country/member state.

it depends on the volume essentially. However, by ordering you are the importer. You will be liable for all duty owed. Failure to pay duty of tobacco products on importation or removal from an authorised bonded warehouse is an offence under the Customs and Excise management act 1979 and also the Tobacco Act 1988.

for clarification go to www.hmrc.gov.uk or phone 0845 010 9000

Thanks, so essentially after the VAT/TAX is payed the saving is minimal.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I.. errr.. know someone (cough) who used to get his from an online place in Amsterdam ;)
They offered a slightly more expensive delivery service which guaranteed delivery - even if the tobacco was confiscated by customs and excise.

These places are not legal and anyone using them is taking a risk in doing so.

My "friend" now works abroad, month on month off, so gets his legally whilst travelling.

Stan :)

Back
Top Bottom