Question for those with 7 seaters & young kids

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The massive idea which will make your kids love you and feel as though they are on tour - a high spec V-Class. I went in a V-Class today (a transfer car for a client i work for, they also use them for transferring VIPs to their events) - they are obviously a van, but they are hilarious to be a passenger in. Not sure that i'd want to trade my SUV for one, but i dont need loads of seats - reclining captain chairs with tables and all sorts all round, seats can face each other, they do screens everywhere in them etc :p

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=v...XPi1wKHRPvDe0Q_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1920&bih=961
LOL at some of the interior configurations

Caveat - no idea if they even count as a normal car for insurance etc!

Associate
The massive idea which will make your kids love you and feel as though they are on tour - a high spec V-Class. I went in a V-Class today (a transfer car for a client i work for, they also use them for transferring VIPs to their events) - they are obviously a van, but they are hilarious to be a passenger in. Not sure that i'd want to trade my SUV for one, but i dont need loads of seats - reclining captain chairs with tables and all sorts all round, seats can face each other, they do screens everywhere in them etc :p

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=v...XPi1wKHRPvDe0Q_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1920&bih=961

If you want similar but are more budget constrained, try a Toyota Vellfire. Still get a 3.5 V6 AWD, recliner seats, DVD screens etc.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-V...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
We have a VW Touran. Real good, but probably not ideal for youself. As a wierd choice there's always something like a Nissan Elgrand.
Thanks, yeh back in the day inbound have loved an elgrand, but I think they're a bit dated today in terms of options and interior.

Haha yeh I had seen one for over 100k fully spec'd lounge interior, wouldn't need a house if I had one of them :D but I think they're a bit out of budget of a family tourer.

If you want similar but are more budget constrained, try a Toyota Vellfire. Still get a 3.5 V6 AWD, recliner seats, DVD screens etc.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-V...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
Wow! I did not know these existed! It is meeting my spec perfectly (although looks to be 6 seats instead of 7, but that is ok)! I've found one not too far from me, messaged to see if it has ISOFIX, if so will go check it out :) thank you!
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202111259925292?atmobcid=soc3

Yeh the Caravelle is also another great option, something in me just doesn't think its worth the premium it seems to go for.

Associate
Thanks, yeh back in the day inbound have loved an elgrand, but I think they're a bit dated today in terms of options and interior.

Yeh the Caravelle is also another great option, something in me just doesn't think its worth the premium it seems to go for.

I couldn't persuade my wife. A friend has the transporter tough, same thing really. swears by it saying best vehichle he's ever had for carrying everything around...he has a tesla as well so likes his toys. The one thing I would sasy is look at the price of 2nd hand ones...They are really expensive, and we're talking 8 yrs+. They really hold their value, so if initial outlay is high, so too is the return. After the Disco4 I went for a disco5... 3 yrs pcb that expired 1 week after 1st lockdown...cost me a fortune..never again...lost more money on that is 3 yrs, it was almost double what I lost on the D4 in 7 years...if fact, it was almost the cost of the D4 outright

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Haha yeh I had seen one for over 100k fully spec'd lounge interior, wouldn't need a house if I had one of them :D but I think they're a bit out of budget of a family tourer.

I just had a look on AT, you can get some pretty cool looking ones for about 30, a private one in Cheltenham outside a decent looking house caught my eye - quite new with light electric interior and looks pretty decent with low miles too. Will be very slow though, they look to only have the 4 cylinder diesels in them :p

Associate

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
I just had a look on AT, you can get some pretty cool looking ones for about 30, a private one in Cheltenham outside a decent looking house caught my eye - quite new with light electric interior and looks pretty decent with low miles too. Will be very slow though, they look to only have the 4 cylinder diesels in them :p
Yeh, there are some really nice ones about - just seems a lot to spend on a family tourer

Soldato
I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on an MPV or SUV which has 7 seats where they are able to get people into the third row without having to remove any ISO-Fix child seat from the middle row?

I think perhaps the answer may be to look for a car with 2 individual captain seats for the middle row, but curious to see if any allow it with 3 in the middle.

Merc V-Class or some config VW Plumbers Van, sorry, Transporter will do this for you. We have a Disco 5 which doesn't have ISOFix across all 3 middle seats, partly because it's near on impossible to have 3 child seats physically fit across all 3 seats unless two children are older and just in boosters. We just sling one of the larger kids into row three through the boot.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
So I was quite interested in the Vellfire until I found out that with the captain seats spec'd there was no isofix points, unfortunately.

Today I just dropped a deposit on a Grand Voyager. It's a face-lift model and also has the latest version of the 2.8 CRD engine. Being the Limited spec it comes with all options included like all round heated seats, twin screen dvd player, upgraded 9 speaker stereo etc. Still quite a dated car but fits the spec perfectly other than not being ULEZ, but got other cars whenever I need to go into the cities so no biggy.

A97Lxtd.jpeg

It's got the two captain chairs for the middle row, with isofix, and it's roomy enough for people to climb in and walk through the gap in the middle to get to the back seats - so no need to remove kiddie seats etc.

It has the electric stow and go seats which fold into the floor (both rear and middle row fold flat into the floor) so can be used as a van if ever the need arise.

Garage are just fixing a couple electric and cosmetic issues like one of the passenger heated seats not working and the chrome on one side mirror bubbling.

Kids should be happy with it, plenty of space for them even into adulthood I reckon. Can't wait to drive the whole fam to Disney land in it :)

Associate
May have already been mentioned, sorry if already has. Have you considered some of the JDM 7 seaters MPV’s, something like a Toyota, Estima, Alphard what Jayemm on YouTube has done a review on. You can get both in a hybrid drive train also. Nissan Elgrand, have seen some Honda Odysseys on Just Jap imports also that look pretty awesome when they have been modified.
I have already said if we had anymore children I would seriously consider one of these myself.

Back
Top Bottom