Quick Harmony question (Panasonic TV)

Soldato
If everything runs through my AVR into HDMI-1 on my Panasonic GT50, do I need to have my Harmony activities select HDMI-1 on the TV? Would it be faster if I skip that step? Surely the TV will always go to HDMI-1 as I have disabled the others... :confused:

Soldato
Some TV's auto default to the last input. Also if you have CEC it may switch over.

You could also send a discrete IR command HDMI1 anyway in the macro. ie

"Watch BD" and then following IR commands in the macro
TV power discrete ON
AVR power discrete ON
BD player power discrete ON
TV input HDMI1
AVR input BD

Soldato
OP
That's what I do at the moment . But Harmony had the option to not set input (remove that command). I was wondering if it might speed up the action, seen as everything is on hdmi 1 there's no need to "change" to it.

Soldato
That's what I do at the moment . But Harmony had the option to not set input (remove that command). I was wondering if it might speed up the action, seen as everything is on hdmi 1 there's no need to "change" to it.

If you're having trouble with delays, open the app and go to : SETTINGS > DEVICES > DEVICENAME > FIX DELAY

Start by adjusting the Inter-key and Inter-Device delays to 300ms or less. Then test the remote. If it works at 300ms, keep lowering the speed in 100ms increments and see if the device still responds. If it doesn't, increase it back up 100ms. In my experience, apparently most devices will respond to 100ms and devices like Tivos will take an Inter-key of 0ms.

Then go back and go to COMMAND REPEATS.

The default number of repeats is 3. Lower the repeat speed and see if the remote still responds. If it doesn't, increase the number of repeats until the device still responds. Apparently most devices will respond with 2 or more repeats and devices like Tivos will respond with 1 repeat.

-------

This is adapted from a 12 year old thread on the AV forums, I had trouble with my remote being super slow especially with TiVo.

The original thread is here : http://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-re...y-slow-response-read-here.html#/topics/623320

Handy to have as some of the replies are still relevant.

Back
Top Bottom