Quick Live Renewal Question

Soldato
My subscription is due to be renewed tomorrow according to an email I received from MS and it says it will automatically renew at £39.99.

Problem is I haven't used a card on the account for a few years and have been updating with pre-paid cards, the card that's on the account is no longer in use. MS says I have to make sure the account and payment info is up to date. I don't want to pay by card but instead buy a pre-paid on Friday when I get paid.

Will anything happen to my account as I've heard stories of people's accounts being banned because when MS have tried to take money the payment has failed....?

Soldato
OP
Too late now anyway the phoneline closed at 10 and it's due to renew tomorrow. When you say 'suspend' do you mean it will be unsuspended when I buy a pre-paid card or will the account be zapped permanently, losing all my gamer points etc, I think I read somewhere that happened to someone?

The last 2 years atleast I've used pre-paid cards and just saw that automatic renewal is turned ON in my account on xbox.com. The credit card is way ouy of date so surely it should turn off when it expires, no?? Also, they don't accept Maestro and neither does that Jasper site!!

Associate
Just sent an email to your trust. has a 1 month code in. It usually takes them a couple of days to suspend your account, but once they do it can be almost impossible to get it unsuspended & you will most likely end up having to add a new credit card to your account.

So add the code & then you can pick up your sub as planned

Soldato
my account was due for renewal on the jan 14th. The credit card was out of date, forgot to change anything and i get email 14 days days later asking for payment. I think you have a buffer, because you pay for live in advance! The payment went out on 1st feb ish

Soldato
OP
Raziel1. That's brilliant, thank you. If I ever get a month free I'll return the favour. :D

Now need to phone MS and get them to remove the expired card thats on the account.

Last edited:
Soldato
could have had it done if you listened to me in the first place ;)

Just teasing. Hopefully you dont get some bimbo on the end of the line!

Back
Top Bottom