Quick Q about what a potential buyer has sad to me about paypal...

Soldato
I am selling my TV and after sending a couple of emails to each other i have just received this...

Thanks for getting back to me so quick, i will be offering you £580 for the P&P and i will be glad if you can take off the item now on *****...

I want you to send me PayPal money request now for an instant Payment.

I have never had anyone buy anything off me using paypal and didn't know a paypal money request had to be sent. So am i completely safe to just go a head with it?
P.S. i am not advertising this on the bay of e! i have just posted a free ad on a well known site. (the ***** in the quote is the website name)

Thanks,

Flare

Last edited:
Soldato
Scam. The paypal account he sends money from will be hacked.

You get the money, send the TV and then paypal take it back and you loose the TV and paypal want money from you.

If you sell outside of ebay you loose any protection you might have, thats why he wants you to remove it from the auction and ask him via paypal for money so it sidetracks ebay.

Don

You get the money, send the TV and then paypal take it back and you loose the TV and paypal want money from you.

If you sell outside of ebay you loose any protection you might have, thats why he wants you to remove it from the auction and ask him via paypal for money so it sidetracks ebay.

This ^^
Don't do it.

Soldato
OP

I may be wrong but, as soon as i have the money in my paypal account can i not just transfer it into my bank account? And like the OP said, im not selling this via ebay.

should i ask for a bank transfer as payment style?

I may be wrong but, as soon as i have the money in my paypal account can i not just transfer it into my bank account? And like the OP said, im not selling this via ebay.

should i ask for a bank transfer?
your account will go into the red and they wil chase you for it

its not worth it, if selling outside of ebay CASH ON COLLECTION only!

whats the tv your selling by the way?

Soldato
OP
your account will go into the red and they wil chase you for it

its not worth it, if selling outside of ebay CASH ON COLLECTION only!

whats the tv your selling by the way?

what about asking for him to do a bank transfer then or is that what you were answering to?

Its a 40" Samsung HD Ready

Soldato
Sorry you edited your OP while i was posting so missed the not on ebay bit.

Just tell him that you dont use paypal and a bank transfer or cash on collection will do fine instead.

If hes got a problem with either than something is fishy.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sorry you edited your OP while i was posting so missed the not on ebay bit.

Just tell him that you dont use paypal and a bank tansfer or cash on collection will do fine instead.

If hes got a problem with either than something is fishy.

oh ok. I shall do that then, thanks :)

*edit* i've just replied with
Thanks for the offer! Although i'm sorry to say i don't use PayPal but a bank transfer or cash on collection is perfectly fine. I could also meet you somewhere depending on your location. just to make things easier for you.

Max

Last edited:
Soldato
If your selling as a collection only then insist on cash on collection.
If you are sending by carier and the buyer wants to pay by paypal, then he would only need the email address that is linked to your paypal account to be able to pay you.

Back
Top Bottom