quick recipe for pork chops?!

Suspended
Lo all,

G/fs just phoned to get the pork chops out of the fridge, thought it would nice to cook tea for her even though im currently neck deep in plaster and paint :)

Im after some nice recipes that are easy and quick to make, but look like ive been slaving over a hot stove :D

Im off to google but thought id ask for some advice.

Not sure what will be going with them, it could be veg or just chips. Suggestions?

Man of Honour
They key to a decent pork chop, is don't let is go dry, keep it moist by shallow frying.

I'd suggest marinating it with some Soy sauce, lemon juice, honey and a little garlic.

Lovely.

Burnsy

Man of Honour
burnsy2023 said:
Or even a variation using a redwine reduction perhalps?

Burnsy
Done this last night with my steak was very nice :) just a pitty i didnt have any real chips in the freezer n had to settle with curly fries

Man of Honour
blitz2163 said:
Done this last night with my steak was very nice :) just a pitty i didnt have any real chips in the freezer n had to settle with curly fries

Real chips are made by hand with proper Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes, not any of the frozen crap ;)

Burnsy

Soldato
I prefer grilling pork chops over frying. Seems to take ages frying them, always gotta be careful with white meat. Maybe do some egg fried rice (with peas) for something slightly different? Or a jacket potato with plenty of sour cream and some veg?

Actually, fried rice would be out of the question as you would have had to have it cooked yesterday and let it had a night in the fridge before frying. Trying to fry it straight from cooking is a no-hoper. Oh well, maybe next time.

Man of Honour
burnsy2023 said:
Real chips are made by hand with proper Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes, not any of the frozen crap ;)

Burnsy
Well it was a student kitchen we dont have fesh veg lying around and asda had shut :( :p

Soldato
Probably a bit late now but anyhow :)

Try stuffed pork chop
Get a rasher of bacon lay a blob of stuffing (made up, not dry ;)) on, then put the chop over and rap the bacon around the chop.
Oven bake till cooked (roughly 20min on gas 6, depending on the size)
The make a nice white wine and mushroom sauce to go over (pork is a white meat and goes much better with white wine)

Or

Pork and pears for something different

Peel and half the pears sprinkle them with some lemon juice to stop them from browning.
Lightly dust the chops with flour and brown in a pan with some onions. Sprinkle over some cinnamon.
Place the pork and pears in a oven dish and add some hot water, then oven them till the pears are just soft and the pork is cooked :)

Suspended
OP
well i had a phone call, one of my little brothers had just seen one of his friends get hit by a van and he was rather distressed so i had to go and pick him up.

No cooking for me as the missus has already started.

next time :D

Back
Top Bottom