Quick spec check

Associate
Can you have a quick look at top 2 items for compatibility or better ideas ? Water cooling screw up has led me to an urgent need of replacing my gear !

Ignore block mount and air cooler

basket at Overclockers UK:[/b]
Total: £573.39 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Man of Honour
despite being an x470 chipset, that board doesn't have very good vrms...
also the 2700x comes with a decent stock cooler, so you shouldn't need an aftermarket cooler if you're going to watercool anyway.

Man of Honour
most people will be fine on a b450 chipset, but do check your requirements first

recommendations:
extreme end - asrock x470 taichi, asus c7h, (and i guess aorus gaming 7 and msi x470 gaming m7 - but i don't know much about these two)
top end x470 - asus x470 strix-f, msi x470 gaming pro carbon ac
top end b450 - asus b450 strix-e (limited release), msi b450i (itx)
mid range b450 - msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac

Associate
OP
I’d like to but my only machine is in bits. After a tube split and spilt water. It won’t power on. It’s probs jut the motherboard but not sure whether wasting money trying is worth it

Associate
I’d like to but my only machine is in bits. After a tube split and spilt water. It won’t power on. It’s probs jut the motherboard but not sure whether wasting money trying is worth it
Depending on what you need it for, if you're in a huge rush you could buy a beefy motherboard and this. Then buy one of the new CPUs in July. Though you'd basically be chucking 50 quid away :p

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £58.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Though to be honest at this point unless its a genuine can't manage without situation I'd just grin and bare it for the next 3 weeks. From everything we've seen these new CPUs are going to be head and shoulders above the current ryzen chips

Back
Top Bottom