Quick tax question

Permabanned
Over last sumemr I worked, I was taxed a fair bit on what I earned but earned a sahde under the max amount you could earn without being taxed, I want my money back!! Ive been looking in the Inland Revenue site and im a tad confussed. Does anyone know which form I will need to fill in, and when am I likely to see my money, im owed a fair few hundred and im skint:(

Cheers

Permabanned
OP
wolvotim said:
That’s the idea.

And no you can’t have you money back some chav in Wolverhampton has spent it on an ounce :(

Damn it I am having my money back, I have plans for that money!

They are all to quick to take it off me, but are a total pain to return it. The cheeky beggers did send a letter asking about summer 2005 to make sure I didnt earn too much money and pain enough tax on it.

Soldato
You can either fill in form R40 (available online) or just send a letter to your local tax office with your P45/P60 stating you were a student at the time and detailing the tax paid. You will get a cheque back after a few weeks.

edit: realised you didn't say you were a student, but same applies.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
F355 said:
You can either fill in form R40 (available online) or just send a letter to your local tax office with your P45/P60 stating you were a student at the time and detailing the tax paid. You will get a cheque back after a few weeks.

edit: realised you didn't say you were a student, but same applies.

Yeah I am a student, thanks for the info, Ill give them a call in the morning!

Soldato
I sent my P60 to the tax office and they sent it back with a P92 to get my employment history.....but that was only because my NI number was wrong/no registered :confused: ive been working for nearly two years ffs.

Sent the form away today for last years tax and will have to do the same this year for 06/07 tax year.

Back
Top Bottom