R8 Gone C63 AMG In !

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I'm sure it was just an example, but most people have zero idea about finance and when people, usually sales people, say "this is the best deal you will find anywhere or this is the best deal we can do" they believe them. What they actually mean is this is what Audi/BMW/Mercedes etc. has told me to pitch and that's different. A persons circumstance will have an impact on rates of course and this is why dealers build a one size fits most approach as it means they can draw up paperwork with limited effort and sell a car, but if you know what you're doing and the right people a few phone calls (if you have the time) will find a better deal.

That deal is so terrible that I would very much hope that it isn't the norm. If it is anything like the norm then securing against the vehicle seems an utterly boneheaded way to finance it!

Man of Honour
The V10 Plus with Sports button on is nicely loud, inside and out, but I do find myself opening the drivers window half way to listen.

Soldato
The V10 Plus with Sports button on is nicely loud, inside and out, but I do find myself opening the drivers window half way to listen.

Maybe next time get a Spyder with the window that goes down at the back, i've heard they are still pretty genuinely sporty.

Man of Honour
Maybe next time get a Spyder with the window that goes down at the back, i've heard they are still pretty genuinely sporty.
Nah, always a roof on my cars. Also the current R8 is buggered up, they have stolen a bit of internal space with the soft top, people saying anyone over 6 foot could struggle a bit. Currently working with an Audi dealer on the new R8 V10 and they have to take 12K off it before we talk turkey, which I told them today and they are considering....

Man of Honour
Can't beat an AMG - next, secondary decat and remove resonator. This is why I love my SLK55 - top down, manual shift, enjoy the craziness. I will never tire of that sound.

Soldato
OP
600 miles covered since I bought it.

Average MPG 19.7

I've so far spent :

Two new rear tyres : £280

Mercedes A Service : £250 with oil provided by me.

Great car and savage in every way. That is all.

Back
Top Bottom