Races, culture and traditions....

Soldato
OP
Why is most india and pakistan food are cooked mostly with curry and garlic or at least taste so?

Why do we expect everybody to speak english, just because we do? We dont even attempt to learn other people's lingo and way....

Suspended
On a practical level, its because at the moment, English is the lingua franca. Everyones changed to fit us. The balance is shifting more towards Spanish and Mandarin however :eek: but English is still very much alive in business etc. so won't be going any time soon.

Soldato
OP
Chronos-X said:
On a practical level, its because at the moment, English is the lingua franca. Everyones changed to fit us. The balance is shifting more towards Spanish and Mandarin however :eek: but English is still very much alive in business etc. so won't be going any time soon.

Interesting you said that, iirc chinese language is suppose to be the next english language now due to it population, cheap labour, aggressive capitalism etc. I better start taking some lesson now :)

Soldato
ElRazur said:
Interesting you said that, iirc chinese language is suppose to be the next english language now due to it population, cheap labour, aggressive capitalism etc. I better start taking some lesson now :)

Absolutely everyone in asia is learning english...chinese included..

Soldato
ElRazur said:
Why is most india and pakistan food are cooked mostly with curry and garlic or at least taste so?

Garlic is local produce and because of the relatively high temperatures you get a lot more mosquito's and bugs in the air. Garlic acts as a natural insect repelent and the midgys are less likelley to start sucking on your skin as a result.

Curry. Traditionally its a way of stewing pretty old meat and fish. Kills a lot of the bacteria in it

Soldato
ElRazur said:
If you say so but i still standby what i said.

I do say so :dunno:

Chinese wont replace english...simply because english is already well established as the language of business throughout the entire world...including china itself.

The Chinese have to learn english to do business abroad...English speakers can do business in China without having to learn Chinese.

axe

axe

Suspended
Jin's Song is Learn Chinnese!

and theres more people in china who speak english then there is english speaking peoplein england :eek:

Soldato
Chronos-X said:
The balance is shifting more towards Spanish and Mandarin however :eek: but English is still very much alive in business etc. so won't be going any time soon.

I don't think it will be "going" any time ever lol. The percentage of the world's population speaking either English, Spanish, Hindi/Urdu, Chinese, Arabic, etc will become more equal as opposed to mostly English that is all. You will also see higher percentages of a multi-lingual population.

EDIT: a la this graph on world population.

Caporegime
ElRazur said:

Its to keep the blood sucking vampires away from us.....;):p

Never heard of an ingredient called curry:confused:, will have to ask my mum later when she wakes up:p
As for garlic, think your confusing us with the froggies mate:p, we do use some garlic in our food but not most of the time.

Soldato
Chronos-X said:
Aussies and kiwis are cool. They're basically like us, but a bit more chilled out.

I would love to live there :D my best friend has just moved there, just north of Sydney. Can't wait to go and visit him :D

ElRazur said:

At the College that I am going to next year they are making manderin compulsory for anyone who want's to take a course :eek:

Associate
ElRazur said:
Why do we expect everybody to speak english, just because we do? We dont even attempt to learn other people's lingo and way....
I don't expect people to speak English when I'm abroad.
If I'm in a foreign country then I will attempt to speak the local language, just like I'd expect people to attempt to speak English when they're in England.

Suspended
English goes back to Imperial times, so it's pretty obvious English is the most common language. Same for Roman times...latin was introduced into occupied countries, and existed for a long time afterwards.

Soldato
OP
Balddog said:
I do say so :dunno:

Chinese wont replace english...simply because english is already well established as the language of business throughout the entire world...including china itself.

The Chinese have to learn english to do business abroad...English speakers can do business in China without having to learn Chinese.

Some million years bc.....the dinosaur thought they own the earth. Think about it.

Back
Top Bottom